The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GameGraphix  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:56:25 PM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
She's the "older" woman too....maybe should change her title to...."Inethya, the Cougar of Nysegard"
Offline Tizzy  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 11:51:21 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
LOL Applause

Of course, does she realize she's a cougar in this case? If she thinks she's going after Orcus, the boss' step brother?

I smell telanovela!

Offline Iume  
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:08:26 AM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Nah, make it Trevin instead.
Offline Tizzy  
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:04:14 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Blargh....

Remember she's got her sights on Gastrope' although, I'm sure she'd be up for a "Devil's Threesome" in this case, literally.
Offline George  
#25 Posted : Saturday, April 1, 2017 10:01:43 PM(UTC)
George

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

This is a character of Chinese myth, it'll be interesting if the Chinese gods such as Mother Nuwa or Shenggong played a role in the later books or is at least mentioned.
Offline Tizzy  
#26 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 3:15:36 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I don't think "interesting" is the word, couple puffs on the pipe, and you'll spend the next decade listening to his stories....

Once he loosens up, forget that "silent all knowing Zen Master" schtick...

But we just better hope none of those guys gets involved. Their plots are even more convoluted than the ones going on now.

Or maybe that's just how Singkun tells the stories, not sure...
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#27 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 5:16:38 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Taking personal accountings with a grain of salt is my motto, which also helps if I need to escape persistent solicitors. Turns out Salt in the eyes is quite a valid distraction.
Offline Tizzy  
#28 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 7:56:47 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

It does seem to work better than throwing over one's shoulder.
Offline Christopher Cope  
#29 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 4:23:20 AM(UTC)
Christopher Cope

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
It does seem to work better than throwing over one's shoulder.

Unless it's at the waiter arriving with your check so you can dine and dash.
Offline Tizzy  
#30 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 10:56:57 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Not sure how good my aim would be in hitting the waiter's eyes throwing the shoulder over my shoulder.

Maybe I should through it between my left shoulders?

Offline Tisslils  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:06:13 PM(UTC)
Tisslils

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: George Go to Quoted Post
This is a character of Chinese myth, it'll be interesting if the Chinese gods such as Mother Nuwa or Shenggong played a role in the later books or is at least mentioned.

To be honest, the ultimate and most ancient god of the historical chinese is neither the Buddha, Nuwa, Shenggong, or the other thousands of Deities and Sages who are late arrivals to Chinese lore and civilization.

Most haven't heard of Shangdi since the fall of chinese civilization, but the ultimate god was Di or Shangdi overlapping with the Taoist, Yudi (Jade Emperor) who has been engraved in the Oracle Bones since the Shang period. The Emperor/King's duty was being the Son of Heaven, commit the Heavenly rites allowing the Son to communicate with this supreme being and reassuring that all is well and prosperous within the Middle Realm.

The tradition of Shangdi/Heaven was followed until a century ago when western religions and our political ideals was exported and propagated by certain elements (May Movement, Sun Yat-Sen and Mao Tze-Tung) which swept away the last of traditional China by both Spiritual, Political and Physical means.

Today, Shangdi is mostly forgotten and remembered only really by some elderly chinese or avid historical Sinologists/philes (or Ex ones anyway). The name now mostly refers to the Abrahamic god (mostly Christian) instead. This ancient god has been completely replaced.

edited: Replaced all "hims" with the actual name of the god itself. The early gender for Shangdi was never defined. For much of its history, the god has never been defined explicitly to actually have a Physical manifestation until the advent of Neo-Taoism in china. Only later was the god represented artistically by among others, Neo-Taoists, to be a male ruler. Academically, I am of an opinion that it was simply a "conscious force" concept rather than an actual Humanoid being. In this respect, and despite the vast difference in culture, it shared some similarities with the early Tengri (worshipped by Mongolic/Turkic/etc... peoples), and who incidentally was also ultimately replaced by the Abrahamic god.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:34:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Replaced all "hims" with the actual name of the god itself. The early gender for Shangdi w

Offline Tizzy  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:39:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

So let me get this straight...are you saying that the demiurge moved in and usurped Shangdi and his religion?

That is SO TYPICAL of that guy! He is very notorious for going in, finding a local, canonizing them and then identifying that saint with a regional god, thus usurping the worship of the local god to his saint and thus him.

I gotta tell you, this has pissed off a lot of gods, an awful lot of gods. To be fair, it's also been a big boost to Sam. Sam has positioned himself as the default opposition to the demiurge. Thus, I suspect, he's getting backing from a lot of them.

Offline Iume  
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 5:48:38 AM(UTC)
Iume

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Speaking of gods remaking themselves...

1. Demiurge was once El / Elohim (sound familiar?)
2. El was a storm god who is suspiciously similar to Zeus.
3. El was the Ba'al of Storms, leader of his pantheon, and was once married to a fertility goddess named Asherah, but they broke up. He had her followers eliminated too in an attempt to seize control of all of the pantheon's worshipers.
4. El, Ba'al of Storms, was once cuckolded by the Ba'al of the River and Seas.
5. El was one of the Ba'al, but a bit of religious fevor and some mortal male egos converted all other Ba'al's into demons and stopped calling El the Ba'al of Storms. This happened after a female worshiper of a third Ba'al caused a bit of a problem with the local clergy.

* Ba'al just means Lord, but the Demiurge used his ancient title to demonize the competition?
Offline Tizzy  
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 3:54:29 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm,

I think that's a critical point you have there: Demonizing other gods, trying to downgrade them in the eyes of their followers.

Yep, that's one of his tactics. You can see why that pisses so many people off!
Offline Coatl  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:49:58 AM(UTC)
Coatl

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

I’m new around here, so first, hi. We’ve established that Tom wasn’t religious, but is it possible that Singkun did the whole reincarnation thing for Orcus without him knowing about it? I do support the theory that Orcus has spent the last 4000 years reincarnating as a mortal until he regained enough animus so that a certain annoying, insane demon can arrange for a demon summoning that would begin the process of kickstarting him back to what he used to be. It’s also been said that reincarnation requires divine guidance, the kind that a Buddha would be able to pull off. This is just my thoughts on the matter.
Offline Tizzy  
#36 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:02:20 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, well, well, quite an interesting theory.

He shows up in v.IV so maybe I should ask him?

Offline Britt  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 8:24:55 PM(UTC)
Britt

Just a thought but with Tom/Orcus being a god-like being. It would be interesting if he and Tiernon's sister started something up. That would really piss a-lot of people off and cause all kinds of fun chaos throughout the pantheons. Like I said, just a thought.
Offline Rakshasa  
#38 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 1:34:30 AM(UTC)
Rakshasa

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Britt Go to Quoted Post
Just a thought but with Tom/Orcus being a god-like being. It would be interesting if he and Tiernon's sister started something up. That would really piss a-lot of people off and cause all kinds of fun chaos throughout the pantheons. Like I said, just a thought.

First, Tiernon has 2 sisters.

Second, they are Orcus's step-sisters so it's kinda eww. Not wrong like a real sister would be, but a little icky. But that's from a "mortal" perspective, for the Gods even being actual siblings seems less likely to invoke that response.

Regardless, I find that insanely unlikely because his being involved with Doom and the Abyss would be a major nightmare for her I would imagine... and the same for him as well (just in reverse). Although as Lilith already wants him dead it really is less of an issue for him I suppose... but if it aggravated Samael that would put Doom in a very awkward position.
Offline Tizzy  
#39 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 3:22:36 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

I will go with the eww...

Those two are--well--ok--to be fair--there are very few gods or goddesses I like. They are nearly all extreme narcissists who only think about themselves and their own interests. Only a handful of gods are able to step back and consider the things that are really important!

You know, like me and my interests.

Offline Britt  
#40 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:50:08 PM(UTC)
Britt

But Orcus was known to work with Teirnon in the past. Him having a relations (even if just physical) with one of Teirnon's sisters could be an interesting twist. He worked closely with their Avatars and prophets recently to fight the Lich's forces. Maybe he peaked the interest of one of them. Just an idea. Could you imagine the look on Tiernon's face if he found out Tommus/Orcus was literally screwing one of sisters. HAHA.