The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
12 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#41 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:23:20 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Those peons are very annoying, they definitely distract T-A-G.

Worst ghost writer ever!

I need him to keep putting out books, so I get my cut as the real author!

Offline Zeravar  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 3:47:59 AM(UTC)
Zeravar

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

But Tizzy, you don't even need Earth cash. Not to mention that most who see you probably run away to "get their autograph books." So what's the purpose of TAG giving you Earth money?
Offline Tizzy  
#43 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 1:53:43 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I like to vacation now and then!

So I need moolah for visiting Earth.

In particular, I like that nyc place, has lots of dark alleys for me to hang out in, wearing my trenchcoat.

I meet some of the most interesting custo...err...people there....

Offline Rakshasa  
#44 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 10:46:45 PM(UTC)
Rakshasa

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Maybe that's his plan to avoid you Tizzy. He's hoping if you don't get any Earth money you will stop harassing him and he can spend his time doing whatever it is that he feels is more important than writing your books.
Offline Tizzy  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:42:25 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, that is a feasible plan, not sure he's smart enough to come up with it though.

Fortunately, I made copies of his house keys so can just crash at his place when I'm in his town, and won't need a hotel room.

So, my hope is that by pointing this out, as my principle alternative when visiting his Earth, he'll realize that maybe NYC isn't such a bad place for me to visit, and he'll finish another book to get me my royalties so I can afford a nice hotel room.

Offline fallen_one_84  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 6:01:22 PM(UTC)
fallen_one_84

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
so any news when the beta's will start?

or if Tizzy can sneak out an advance chapter of any of the books?
Offline The Author Guy  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:40:46 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
I fear I am still running quite a bit behind.

My day job has been quite heavy this year(s).

In past years, for past books, I literally took like 6 to 9 months off to finish each book. I am trying not to do that this time because I ended up digging myself into a giant money hole, where everything I make from the book(s) goes to paying down the debt incurred during the time off, and I don't end up actually getting ahead, and can actually end up behind.

So I'm trying to write while having an income, and it's not as easy as one might hope.

Offline Bradyman  
#48 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 2:52:38 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I realize you have a lot going on, and I don't want to seem like I'm trying to rush you, but do you have any time estimates at all? I'd be happy with a, " check back in six months," and anything more specific than that would just be amazing.

Its probably Tizzy's fault that we don't know the exact release date, its probably in his missing notes.
Offline The Author Guy  
#49 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 1:57:56 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I'm afraid that is not an unrealistic time period for a next publish date. At this point, I am hoping for something in that range.

However, I would hope to start a beta sooner than that, but at the moment I don't know.

My father has been having various health issues this past year (open heart surgery followed by cancer, treatment, and now cancer spreading again), and anxiety plus a bit of travel for that on top of my day job has slowed me down. He actually starts immunotherapy today for cancer, so hopefully things will be looking up, but if things go bad, all bets are off.

Sorry for the delays, things are slow going, but the books will get written...

T-A-G
Offline Mikey  
#50 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 12:52:01 AM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Good luck.
Offline The Author Guy  
#51 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:43:00 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Thanks
Offline Tisslils  
#52 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 9:40:11 PM(UTC)
Tisslils

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Any updates on a possible patreon so we can take some weight off your shoulder?
Offline The Author Guy  
#53 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 8:27:53 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Hi,

Thanks for asking, no updates, although I have had some discussions about it on Facebook as well, still trying to figure out what to do on that. But there were some good ideas.

Money is less of an issue than other demands on my time at the moment. Money would mean less day job needed, but my father's health has been problematic for the last 11 months and is getting worse lately and that has been very distracting, making it hard to write, and I've mainly focused on my day job. Just when I started making some progress again on the books, he had a major setback last month, and I spent the last two weeks with him, half of which was in the hospital where he still is...so that's actually my biggest unknown on writing time.

T-A-G
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#54 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:29:37 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I completely understand. Both my dad and my father-in-law's health are failing. You take your time. All we ask is a quick note on here every once in a while to let us know you're OK. I don't have thumbs, but <pseudopods up>!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline The Author Guy  
#55 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:38:41 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Thanks!

Will do.

I also need to update Facebook, I've been promising them an update...it's just that I keep thinking I'll get back in gear and have some new timelines, but wrenches just keep flying my way. Almost like someone with 4 hands were tossing them at me....not to name any names.
Offline Glunk  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:29:49 AM(UTC)
Glunk

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

Wishing you a grand thanksgiving!
Tizzy will probably forget to bring the cookies to the party though.
Finally, don't let the Alvar kill your holiday cheer.

The books are amazing; and I'm looking forward to the next installments.
Offline The Author Guy  
#57 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 8:14:41 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Thanks!

Tizzy did bring cookies, but...the way he gobbles down TG dinner with all four hands is a tad discomforting for most people.

So it's a mixed bag.
Offline Venlin  
#58 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 5:40:43 AM(UTC)
Venlin

Hi! I'm new and was just wondering even after the books are released how much longer does it usually take for the audio book?

Oh also dear author you are the fluffing best author in quite a few multiverses and I was wondering if you have a Discord server for the world of Astlan?

Huh also why doesn't my profile picture show up for me, hmm

Edited by user Saturday, December 1, 2018 5:42:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Author Guy  
#59 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 8:22:18 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

The Audio books take Tantor about 3 months after they get the final manuscript.

So the timeline looks like

1) I finish writing first draft
2) Beta starts and lasts 1 to 3 months (so far)
3a) Beta ends and goes to editor for 1 to 2 months
3b) Cover art commissioned (done while at editor)
4) I get copy back from editor send to Tantor to start recording/editing/formatting
5) I start formatting text and cover for publication which takes 2 to 3 weeks, also some timing concerns (not going to publish on major holiday again, I like begining of months also))

So basically, we are talking 2 months, or maybe 10 weeks after the book is released that the audio comes out.

I don't have a Discord server, however, that might be a particularly good idea during the betas, among other times.

Offline Venlin  
#60 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 4:28:24 AM(UTC)
Venlin

Cool! I can't wait for both the book and the audio book! I'm not sure if I could but I would love to try and help if you wish with a discord server!

Oh also how does the beta for books work? Like what does it entail for the beta Demons?