The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline D'il  
#21 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:46:28 PM(UTC)
D'il

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well said, in true Tizzy form. BigGrin
Offline Tizzy  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:42:45 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Think How else could I say it? I am me and to quote a certain sailor "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam."

Although how a starchy vegetable got a job as a spinach eating sailor is beyond me. Dancing
Offline The Man from Alamo  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:42:34 PM(UTC)
The Man from Alamo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I would like to point out that most people consider the word machinations to have negative connotations its true meaning is plans or possibly complex or secret plans so Beragamos may have been using it one way and everyone took it another (of course he might of planned it that way). Also, none of the 5 siblings intentionally broke their oaths as Sentir’s actions took everyone by surprise. I wonder if Lillith seduced Sentir into becoming a co-conspirator and that was how he got into this mess. I also have another question does the Demiurge have to worry about KoC’s on His Earths since they are already mana poor and his church’s practices suck up any available mana? Wouldn’t that make it almost impossible for a Maelstrom to make it to one of His planes?Think
Offline Tizzy  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:19:36 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
The question of who broke what Oaths is a bit complex because the avatars are sworn "Avatars" and thus representatives on a god, working on his or her behalf.

Based on my studies of mortals (and for that matter demonic politics---where this happens a lot):

It's pretty feudal, so if a lord's vassal breaks the lords oath, it would be the responsibility of the lord to make things "right" with the offended party, if the lord failed to do "make it right" the oath would be considered broken.

So given that Tiernon failed to punish Sentir Fallon, nor did he compensate Orcus' people, the oath is most likely broken.

But, that is for the Lord of Oaths to decide. And I am pretty sure that's why Tiernon and his siblings are nervous, particularly if Orcus has been plotting for the last four thousand years in secret. His retribution would be expected to be epic.

As for KoC's. Have not heard any reports of them, but then I don't get over there that often. Last time I was there, a quarter month or two ago, I didn't notice any, but wasn't looking. I should ask Sam. He would know, he spends a lot of time there, but at the moment he's stuck in that floating tin can from Oorstemoth. Not sure they'd appreciate me dropping by to chat.

Offline Korwin  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:30:27 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Hmm. Well thank goodness for boom gates and teleportation etc. If we know where we are going, we can just hop gates or create a new gate.
Hmm, I assumed (direct) teleportation is not possible in the Abyss (without the Astral Plane).
And that the boom gates work more on the prinziple of the World-Gates (but with the beginning and endpoints being in the Abyss).

Or is the Astral Plane only in the D&D Localverse an requirement for teleportation and not in the Astlan Localverse?
But the Abyss doesnt count as belonging to an single Localverse...?
Eh?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:33:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Author Guy  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:53:40 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Teleportation works fine in the Abyss, it doesn't actually rely on the astral plane.

Now, not all localverses have physics for teleportation, and some that do are problematic because of their topology, although that's something one can figure out with enough time and effort and is only a problem for extraplaner people.

Boom Gates are related to "Star Gates" in that they are limited to the localverse. They are mini-wormhole type things and are again different from teleportation.

The Abyss and the Astral planes are pretty unique planes, and they definitely do touch, so things that use the Astral plane will work in the Abyss, it's just teleportation doesn't need it.

Where some confusion can lie is with the ethereal planes.

Ethereal planes are attached to and unique to localverses. Each localverse (or most of them) has its own ethereal plane. You can't get to another localverse using the ethereal plane of your current localverse, it doesn't touch those, anymore than your material plane does.

Now, this all being said, there will be a LOT more discussion and use of this in OOA:ITN. The Shamans (Trig, Thargus, Fluegel, Ismelka and others) make heavy use of both the ethereal and astral planes as part of their jobs.

The Abyss, does NOT have an ethereal plane, in the Abyss, they are sort of merged together as both "spirits" and "material bodies" can both exist in the Abyss at the same time and place. Purgatory and Limbo are similar but sort of reversed in terms of spirit/material balance.

Offline Korwin  
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:23:00 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Interresting
Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
Now, not all localverses have physics for teleportation, and some that do are problematic because of their topology, although that's something one can figure out with enough time and effort and is only a problem for extraplaner people.

Boom Gates are related to "Star Gates" in that they are limited to the localverse. They are mini-wormhole type things and are again different from teleportation.

So the Abyss is tied (and limited) to an Local-Verse? That was not clear to me before.
Think

Offline The Author Guy  
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:53:13 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

No, I think the commas must be in the wrong place.

The Abyss is not at all like a localverse, the Boom Gates are limited to the Abyss, the same way the Star Gates are limited to a localverse.

I am just saying that the Boom Gates can't be used for Demons "to escape" to the outside, to any localverse.

The existence of such devices would scare the crap out of wizards everywhere.

And, of course, even if they could be used as exits, I couldn't say that because of the mass panic that would ensue.

The Abyss is completely unique, there is only one, it is infinite and has a lot of other "odd" properties, such as mutable physics. E.g. both magic and technology of most all localverses works fine there, at least within the limits of practicality.

And by which, I mean there are some magics and technologies that do not work there due to the other unique properties. E.g. anything dealing with the ethereal plane doesn't work, magically or technologically, because there is no ethereal plane.

Offline Korwin  
#29 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 6:23:09 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
The Abyss is not at all like a localverse, the Boom Gates are limited to the Abyss, the same way the Star Gates are limited to a localverse.

I am just saying that the Boom Gates can't be used for Demons "to escape" to the outside, to any localverse.

The existence of such devices would scare the crap out of wizards everywhere.

Well only if they know about them.
The question is, do they know about the World Gates in Mount Doom... BigGrin

Offline The Author Guy  
#30 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 8:20:25 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

The wizards that did, were most likely Warlocks, and now dead--unless they went Unlife, or got big enough to cast the "Immortalize" spell or whatever it's called. It is a spell.

A very tricky spell, obviously we know the legend of the man that wished to be immortal but did not request eternal youth and just kept getting older and smaller until he road around in a grasshopper or something like that.

Then, of course there is a character in "Seas of Astlan" the other series that I don't know when it will be written, that involves Captain Asmeth and the Interdimensional Brigands that stole the book for Exador. In that group, along with the Mobius Magi, there is also the Immortal Marcus, who tried to become immortal without aging, but has lots of problems when things get hacked off in battle. E.g. right now he's just a head in a box, thanks to a magic spell on the box, he gets air over his vocal cords so he can talk, but that's about it. A real backseat driver.

He lives in constant fear of a C.O.D. For some reason he doesn't want to be a sentient collection of sub-atomic particles.