The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Korwin  
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:12:21 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I too, expect some reincarnating D'Orcs showing up in the future.
Technically those D'Orcs would then be Demon Princes (the differences between Archdemons and Demon Princes being - supposedly - if they Phoenix Cycled in the past).
Offline Tizzy  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 6:58:00 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
That would be the case, if that is the case...

Pretty sure "everyone" would be happy with 20 some thousand new Demon Princes!

Dancing
Offline Konicomi  
#23 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 8:10:24 AM(UTC)
Konicomi

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

So who do the Demon Princes in the court trust enough to oversee their Phoenix Cycle? If I remember its a hit and miss if you Phoenix Cycle without your pantheon watching over you while you go thro it.
Offline Tizzy  
#24 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 5:05:28 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

That is a VERY good question, and probably one reason there are so few!

Here are the ones in the Courts and who they are "loyal" to.

Antefalken's Unofficial Guide To The Court of Princes

One might think their liege lord would be trustworthy enough, I wouldn't, but they might. Actually if you are a good servant that's likely safe, because your power feeds their power (traditional feudal sort of thing)

Of course, the unaligned princes are a problem, not sure what they would do.

And of course, Lilith and Sam have real problems. Who can they trust?

I suppose I could volunteer to help them! Because who is more trustworthy than me? I can't think of anyone.

Offline Konicomi  
#25 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 8:39:25 PM(UTC)
Konicomi

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

So was no Demon Princes subordinate or loyal to Orcus? he coud have been considered on the same level as Lilith and Samuel or maybe even above them right?
Offline Tizzy  
#26 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 11:14:50 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, the loyalty thing is not exactly a "needed" thing so much as a "useful thing" What benefit you get or etc is between you and your liege.

You note that several princes are not tied to anyone else. In fact most are generally independent.

So, like anyone, demons form alliances to protect their interest, what form those alliances take are up to them. The liege thing, and however "tight" it really is, is just one form and used in TheCourts.

Orcus was always stand alone. But then, given his friends, who needs vassals? Ptah, Singkun, Loki, Volund, etc are some of his most immediate truly immortal allies. Oh yeah, and his kid, Dis Pater.

You also have to remember that Orcus has a lot of complicated relationships already. He is nominally an Olympian, and he's got some powerful in-laws, one of whom not only tried, but succeeded in killing him.

Offline Lodrik  
#27 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 2:26:26 AM(UTC)
Lodrik

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I always assumed that the dampire is the reincarnation of Loki ^^
Offline Korwin  
#28 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 5:59:16 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Lodrik Go to Quoted Post
I always assumed that the dampire is the reincarnation of Loki ^^

Not shure about that, Loki died in Ragnarök not with Orcus in Etterdam.
And Ragnarök happened way before (am I right?), so he had much more time to come back (i.e. Tizzy had much more time bringing him back).
Offline Tizzy  
#29 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 4:49:51 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Rede's a bit short and not quite blue enough to be Loki. I mean, Loki wasn't/isn't always blue, he could/can be whatever color he wanted, but he was several feet taller than Rede.

Also, we only assume he is dead since no one has seen him since he bravely sacrificed himself to close Asbru and save midgard from the Aesir.

Offline Korwin  
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 1:58:32 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Hmm, hard to bring someone back who might not be dead...
wait . . . . normally its the other way around :D
Offline Tizzy  
#31 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 11:23:26 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I've heard that's actually a real problem.

Stories of people who've reincarnated, particularly to a different localverse...and then some super power shaman or priest tries to resurrect their old self and just won't take no for an answer.

Actually, I think that's more a shaman thing because you'd think a priest would be using some sort of avatar who would notice what was going on and just return a "busy signal" but what do I know. I suppose if the worshippers and priests were willing to make a big enough sacrifice the deity might just rip the person out of their current body.

Would have to think that hurts like hell. But it wouldn't be that different that what happens in a demon summoning, except the individual isn't willingly out of their body, so you are ripping out the soul by force.

Although...actually, if you finesse it, and don't cut/rip/tear the astral cord, the new body just might go into a coma.

We know that some astral travelers have bodies on multiple localverses and the empty bodies just appear to be asleep, their astral cord isn't severed, it's just attached to multiple bodies.

Hmm, maybe I should visit a coma ward and see what my demon sight reveals. I can check to see if their full spirit is in the body, or if it's just sort of minimal life support with an astral cord going out. I mean, those that can do this tend to have a lot of animus because they have to spread it out over multiple bodies and you have to have at least so much or the body dies, or limbs rot, etc.

Hmmm

Guess it's time to take a exploratory trip.

Tizzy

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:45:39 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hmm. You know, there are a few stories of heroes being "summoned" from one world to another, and having great power. I just realized that those summoners are actually substantiating demons, but because of their preconceptions, the result is a demonic body with great power, but still looks/acts like the original body.

Wow, that just threw all the "Summoned Hero" stories in my current plane in another light. There's a lot more demons in the multiverse than I first thought!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#33 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 4:46:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

It's a very good sized multiverse, definitely bigger than many I've been to.
Offline Cookied&Doomed  
#34 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 8:44:33 AM(UTC)
Cookied&Doomed

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

What about the implications of Ragnarok? Loki was able to seal off a section of Outer Planes from Midgard, so that's apparently possible and could be done to the Five Siblings. Think
In that case why even bother with Tartarus? How can a material bridge in the Outer Planes have destroyed their only connection, and how was there apparently a physical doorway that you had to enter to go to an immaterial plane? Was Loki's soul consumed during the battle and that's why he's gone or could he be reincarnated etc (maybe even summoned by Risar). If sealed off, couldn't the Gods make a new door?
Offline Tizzy  
#35 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 8:58:21 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Asgard is a special case.

They purposefully built it so that you couldn't directly access Midgard from there. They used Asbru to get to Midgard, and some other places. It was a defensive maneuver, think of it as a drawbridge to their castle.

Now that being said, there is a rumor that there is a path through Jötunheimr, which would not be easy, but I believe it was only known to Odin, or at least, so he claimed. But he's dead now, or so we think.

All of those are good questions, the problem is, we don't know the answers.

Obviously, we were looking into it, but only had a few hundred years before other problems started appearing, and by other problems, I mean the gods be damned alfar of course along with Lilith & Sentir Fallon and the Dark Apostle and some other allies we aren't that sure of yet.

That sort of distracted us for a bit.

One presumes that some of the gods have survived, I've heard rumors that Magni and Móði are wandering around, apparently they even signed a deal with Netflix, but then, seriously who hasn't? Other than, of course, me. Can't get their suits to return my calls. Very frustrating, I figure we should have had at least a 3 season commitment by now.

If they did survive, one presumes they are working on rebuilding their bridge so they can get back to pestering people, not to mention collecting mana from their followers....
Offline Bradyman  
#36 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:58:56 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

So, this is a very minor plot point, but what skill is Tom gonna work on next?
He focused on being able to shape clothes and master other shapes for awhile, but whats next? There is just so much magic in this multiverse that there's basically an infinite number of things he could focus on next. I'm hoping that he goes for a hammer space. We know its possible, and not just because of accusations about Tizzy. I can't remember who was talking to Antefalken ( either Tom or Reggie), but when they asked about Tizzy's pipe, he said he thought he knew what trick he used, but then backtracked, because it was something Tizzy either shouldn't be able to do, or had directly claimed he couldn't do. So ignoring whatever Tizzy does, Antefalken still either knows or knows of a hammer space technique. This should be one of Tom's priorities, since he has his Rod, the arrows, and his loincloth to store when he gets big. If he ever loses those arrows, he loses a major trump card, and while I doubt losing the Rod would be easy, it would still be useful to be able to store it away no matter where he is.

On that note, I'm actually a bit surprised the rod doesn't have a storage feature built in, unless it was an ability Orcus didn't need any help with.
Offline Tizzy  
#37 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:12:26 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, I him banging away at night down there in the Wu Kwon of Doom, so that is probably a clue.

I really wonder why everyone is so obsessed over my pipe?

Well, if you pay enough attention, the "storage" question, such as it is, has already been answered.

Where does Antefalken store his clothes? In particular, when he strews them all over a maiden's bedroom and then has to flee post-haste without his clothes? Does he have to go get new ones made? Andy why don't all these maidens have a surplus of outfits laying around?

Shirts, pants, shoes, hat, belt, musical instruments.....

Actually, I do know that Antefalken's primary musical instruments are different from his clothing. So that's not a good example, but the belt is...

Same thing with Hilda's expandable armor that just pops up conveniently.

Offline Bradyman  
#38 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:15:51 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

A pipe is nothing without its contents, and while I don't doubt that smoking something made from Tizzy would get anyone high, I doubt he would smoke himself. So the weed at least is real. So he is storing it in some sort of hammer space.
Offline Tizzy  
#39 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:24:36 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

BTW, why do you keep talking about me in the third person?

If you really like "storage" you will love "Seas of Astlan: Book One" if it ever gets written/finished.

That's the story of those brigands that stole the book and their adventures with Captain Asmeth, after we leave his ship.

Those guys have a very cool extra dimensional apartment where they keep their stuff, along with bunk beds. They call it a PHH for Portable Hole House.

They just climb down in it, and then "zip" it shut from the inside and go to sleep.

Offline Bradyman  
#40 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:40:10 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

I refer to you in the third person because other people might read or respond. Maybe someone else will have a response or theory about you.

So the smuggling Asmeth was wanted for involved them? That's awesome. It definitely explains why the oorstemothians wanted him so badly. Not that they wouldn't chase someone across Astlan for something simple. I wouldn't be surprised if they had executed entire ships crews for paperwork errors.