The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline revenice  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:43:02 PM(UTC)
revenice

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not sure if this is the right place for this but i have this d&d game running on and off were the characters have been bounced into the Astlan multiverse. the players are not familiar with the setting so ive been having a good time with them getting in trouble due to assuming the wrong things. i have had demons comment on how the pc souls seem different since they were translated into animus rather than being born that way and so i wonder how will tizzy react to them. will he recognize them as coming from another multiverse, will he recognize them as being unwiting vessels controlled be the will of other beings, and how dose the cosmology of Astlan interact with the great wheel cosmology of D&D any way. i know the game exists on the earth worlds since Asmodeus has a copy and likes its description of him.
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 7:47:34 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm, this sounds a lot like people coming from one of the litRPG universes, those are really funky "paired" universes, although "pair" is not really accurate, more like tuples, or ntuple multidimensional arrays of localverses that are tied together in such away that people can easily inhabit multiple bodies--see my comments in that other thread that's active at the moment about priests and shamans trying to resurrect people who have already reincarnated.

In these linked worlds, it's much easier to have multiple bodies due to the intertwining of the localverses.

However, hhhmmm, I should talk to a wizard about this, or really Phaestus or Volund a good manageneer, because I supposed with any sufficiently complex twisting of perceived localverse topologies you might be able to "fake this" and more easily map souls to multiple bodies...hmm...that would be a big break through.

So, to be honest, I've never seen this happening in Astlan, so not sure what I'd see. If I knew where they were, I'd go check out their auras.

BTW I've spent some time tormenting people in both Neverwinter on Faerûn as well as the city of Greyhawk. Nice people, and if you shake them hard enough these little "animus" coins called "XP" fall out of them, and they are quite tasty, sort of like those chocolate coins but with a bit more of a "rush"