The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
12 Pages«<56789>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#121 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 2:04:38 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey Tizzy, any chance we'll get a book before the end of Standard Earthian Quarter Four? or will it be in the next solar revolution? i just reread the series up to the current point and feeling a painful yearning for additional tales from our favourite Demonic Squad..... or maybe it's indigestion. Anyways! thanks for any info you can give.
Offline Tizzy  
#122 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 2:53:28 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I seriously hope you aren't comparing prostitutes to sineators?

I know a LOT of prostitutes, and frankly I resent the comparison to these brave essential workers! You besmirch their honorable profession by comparing it to those loathsome swamp dwelling sineaters!
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#123 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 2:11:59 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Oh, I apologize. I'm not completely up on mammalian sexual/political dynamics.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Korwin  
#124 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:51:12 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
Meh, the Archdemon can't be any worse than the people you already have running the place, right? I mean, I heard those seniors...sentaurs...sinators whatever they're called, are "career politicians", which I hear are just legal prostitutes.

Frankly I don't know why a lot of the Earth's bother to make prostitution illegal. We ALL sell ourselves for money...just not for sex. Not that I know what mammalian sex is like, being a gelatinous cube, but I've seen Things...on the Intertubes. It's actually kind of disquieting.

I've seen videos of your carnas races. Why don't your sinators put those cool patches of the people that pay them on their clothes, like the carnas drivers do? Is it a Taboo or something? Think

Are you equaling politician to prostitutes?

Sounds unfair, unless I am missing something deeply dark nefarious things about prostitutes.
Btw. it's legal here. Better for all.
Offline Racue  
#125 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 9:09:30 PM(UTC)
Racue

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well I am certainly glad that I did not miss book 4 and yet sad there is not one yet. Damn you and your tenterhooks Tizzy!
Offline MotoMage  
#126 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 4:00:00 AM(UTC)
MotoMage

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

It's hard to believe it's been more than four years since the last book. Now that 2020 is about over is there any update? I know I ask this about every six to eight months Brick wall but here is hoping.

Edited by user Friday, January 1, 2021 4:01:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#127 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2021 2:45:58 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, let's be honest with ourselves. We've been very spoiled this last decade, with the rise of self-publishing. There are authors who are churning out as many as a book every month, and readers have started expecting that kind of performance. But it used to be that books came out on a much longer schedule. Usually every two-three years. Frustrating, but not unexpected. Our patience will be rewarded!

I have a good feeling about this year. Like a pseudopod wiggling along my corners. I feel we're going to get at least two of the upcoming stories.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline MotoMage  
#128 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2021 2:49:19 PM(UTC)
MotoMage

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
Well, let's be honest with ourselves. We've been very spoiled this last decade, with the rise of self-publishing. There are authors who are churning out as many as a book every month, and readers have started expecting that kind of performance. But it used to be that books came out on a much longer schedule. Usually every two-three years. Frustrating, but not unexpected. Our patience will be rewarded!

I have a good feeling about this year. Like a pseudopod wiggling along my corners. I feel we're going to get at least two of the upcoming stories.

Sorry I’ve seen this discussion before on other book forms, and that excuse really doesn’t fly. The reduction in publication time is due to the reduction in delivery speed and preparation for the book. The writer still take just as much time to write and edit. In fact with the widespread use of laptops and tablets, writers have more options to be able to write in their leisure time then being stuck at a single location to do the writing. In fact I know of a gentleman who works as a system programmer and he uses his smart phone to work on his novel during his office brakes. In fact in today’s market most of the delay has to do with how backed up all of the editors are. No what it all boils down to is “if you don’t write it you don’t see it”. With all that said though I know life can hit you like a truck sometimes (just asked Stephen king) and we can’t always do what we really want to do, and that I understand. Here’s hoping that this new year will be better than the last (by miles Dancing )

Edited by user Saturday, January 2, 2021 2:56:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#129 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2021 10:03:06 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Originally Posted by: MotoMage Go to Quoted Post

Sorry I’ve seen this discussion before on other book forms, and that excuse really doesn’t fly. The reduction in publication time is due to the reduction in delivery speed and preparation for the book. The writer still take just as much time to write and edit. In fact with the widespread use of laptops and tablets, writers have more options to be able to write in their leisure time then being stuck at a single location to do the writing. In fact I know of a gentleman who works as a system programmer and he uses his smart phone to work on his novel during his office brakes. In fact in today’s market most of the delay has to do with how backed up all of the editors are. No what it all boils down to is “if you don’t write it you don’t see it”. With all that said though I know life can hit you like a truck sometimes (just asked Stephen king) and we can’t always do what we really want to do, and that I understand. Here’s hoping that this new year will be better than the last (by miles Dancing )

While that may be true, it's not as if every writer writes at the same speed. It also depends on if the author is writing as a full time job. If not, then the day job must come first. That's just the way it is. No excuse necessary.

DEFINITELY with you on hoping this year is better! Brick wall

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Lodrik  
#130 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 10:07:37 PM(UTC)
Lodrik

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

seems like the author stopped checking the forum...

I feel confident writing that the main reason we wait this long for the books lays in the fact that the author tries to write three books at the same time (the storys as supposedly connected). That means cross reverencing, correcting, writing, changing the timelines ect. Its a shitshow and most authors get stuck (thats the main problem from Game of Thrones too, you have over 5 different storys, some more connected then others). When authors try to write the books separately they have to follow the points they wrote first and that drives them into a corner (that's where inconsistency comes in because the author doesnt want to ruin this new story)

Authors create characters and those characters have a story to tell, specially fleshed out characters. The long wait happens when the author tries to tell us the storys all his babys have to tell. I wont lie, I feel empty. I really like "The Demons of Astlan", but we were told for years that the books are coming out soon and nothing seems to happen. I dont believe that the book we may get at some point is the same book we would have gotten if the author had been writing it 2017-2018. 4 Years in the workforce do that to anyone.

I dont want to be mean but I LOVED YOUR BOOKS SO MUCH and its been far to long. This is not meant in a disrespectful way, its desperate. I have this NEED TO KNOW whats going to happen and its been itching for FOUR YEARS NOW!
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#131 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 5:09:56 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Ah, I'm sure Tizzy will return soon. Probably got summoned and sent back to the Cenobite dimension again.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#132 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 7:18:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I am back, was in the Wilds of Eton where there is no Internet (it's in southern Eton, on Astlan---so no AOL dialup locations).

Hugely busy there, what with all the stuff going on in Book 4 and The Chronicles of Astlan: Into The Wilds....

Also, some serious unfriendlies seem to have moved in as my neighbors down there, sure, at the moment they are pretty soggy and covered in puke and rotting entrails, but I'm afraid they'll eventually clean up and start causing me problems.

Maybe I can get that nice ship captain I met a few books ago to haul them all to Freehold, I've heard that's where they want to go.

Going to have to try and catch up with any posts I've missed, plenty of time since T-A-G is still whining about too much work...sheesh..
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#133 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 2:34:31 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Mmmmm, mammalian entrails are tasty.

Sorry about your neighbors, though it's nice to hear that you haven't been sent back to the Cenobite dimension. <jiggle>
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#134 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2021 10:27:10 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I suppose they are, if you like them "Kim Chi" style. I.e. fermented.

I like mine fresh and steaming....
Offline Liollangston  
#135 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2021 3:16:52 AM(UTC)
Liollangston

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have thought, for quite awhile now, that Tizzy might have 'accidently' eviscerated TAG and has spent all this time trying to put him back together... Or find his soul on whatever plane it ended up in.

Or maybe left his stash out.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#136 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2021 4:39:21 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Well, it's possible. Not sure he'd tell us, though. Tizzy would probably try to get all our money and souls before we found out. <jiggle>
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tisslils  
#137 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2021 3:03:54 PM(UTC)
Tisslils

Is the consensus 2025 now? Sick
Offline Tizzy  
#138 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 12:55:18 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Probably for Book IV, plan for OOA is this year. OOA is probably about 2/3 complete.

However, T-A-G has been working on Book IV the last week or so after going over Book III to refresh and do minor edits.

He can only do minor edits to avoid discontinuity with the audibles.

So we shall see, I had pretty much given up nagging him, but have resumed recently.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#139 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 4:05:38 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Hmm. Just finished re-listening to all three books. So there's some small changes to Book 3? Have they been published yet, or is TAG waiting on Book 4 before pushing those updates?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#140 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 10:46:29 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

It's more like he's trying to get up the courage to post changes for the Dead Tree.

Dead Tree is a pain in the butt. Not audible painful but still painful. Formatting is much stricter, because of lining things up across pages and starting chapters on an odd page, but not getting blank ones in the wrong place, and then font size and making sure it fits so the cost is the same or close.

It gets very tight on the cost, if the book adds extra pages, his non-US, brick and mortar cost to produce is more than the book price which then has to be dealt with. As it is, in some countries, if bought through normal channels T-A-G makes like 25 cents or less. Now this isn't that big of a deal because there have maybe been a dozen, maybe two such sales....but unless the price gets adjust over all or you shrink the pages somehow, you can't sell the book in that country.

But, that being said, the changes are small enough, he could probably do the Kindle.

The plan was to do such updates for all 3 books before the next book comes out. But Kindle in particular can be almost continuously updated, although again people have to know to ask for the update. AWS won't auto update you because it will kill your notations and notes.