The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<34567>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Britt  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:06:57 PM(UTC)
Britt

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

You can definitely put me down for the beta. I would also like to join that spin the bottle game you talked about starting a few post ago. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Offline Tizzy  
#82 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:08:59 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
It is a lot of fun, takes a bit longer than a full Monopoly game though...

Dancing
Offline TankThing  
#83 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2019 10:37:35 PM(UTC)
TankThing

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I too would like to join the beta. I've been checking back every month or so since book 1 to see if another book is coming. :)

I very much like the world so far, hoping there's more of it soon.

Offline Tizzy  
#84 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 12:36:49 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

As am I.

I gotta tell you, T-A-G is really testing my patience. I need to go bake something to help me relax...preferably with chocolate chips....
Offline Kitarin  
#85 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:04:15 PM(UTC)
Kitarin

I would really like to sign up for Beta, please, so I don’t have to read all three books all over again for a fourth time.
Offline Korwin  
#86 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:28:59 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
As am I.

I gotta tell you, T-A-G is really testing my patience. I need to go bake something to help me relax...preferably with chocolate chips....

dont send him into the astral plane!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:29:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#87 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:31:33 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

ME relax!

Not him! He doesn't deserve any cookies!

Bad T-A-G! Get those books out!

Offline Melch  
#88 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:25:40 AM(UTC)
Melch

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

it's good to have a series that i can read, and read and read and read :)

make the loop bigger :P
Offline Tizzy  
#89 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:40:08 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Widening the loop...stretching....stretching...
Offline GameGraphix  
#90 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 12:43:22 AM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
As am I.

Tizzy, I think you need to share....going into withdrawal, and starting to climb the walls.....this is not good - I'd much rather be flying....
Offline Tizzy  
#91 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 2:54:00 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: GameGraphix Go to Quoted Post

Tizzy, I think you need to share....going into withdrawal, and starting to climb the walls.....this is not good - I'd much rather be flying....

<CRUNCH><MUNCH><CRUNCH>Sick <ARGL><GULP><CRUNCH><CRUNCH><MUNCH><GULP><MMPPH>Sick <CRUNCH><CRUNCH><MUNCH><GULP><GULP><MUNCH><CRUNCH><CRUNCH><CRUNCH><CRUNCH><MMPPH><MMPPH>Sick <ARGL><GULP><CRUNCH><CRUNCH><CRUNCH><CRUNCH><GULP><MMPPH><AGHHH>Tongue

Blushing

Oh my! So sorry. I uhm...just ran out a little bit ago.

I'm going to have to make the million mile journey to the nearest grocery store to get ingredients and then I'll make some more to share....Whistle

<BELCH>
Offline smw  
#92 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 9:08:10 PM(UTC)
smw

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can T-A-G (who is more serious than Tizzy) comment on the current status?

Is the next book (beta) x% done? Is TAG too busy with actual paying work to work on it? It has been awhile since we got a real update and not just a "nope, not ready yet". I suppose my real question is if forward progress is being made on it and when would be a reasonable time to expect it. (I understand you don't want to commit to anything.)

Offline The Author Guy  
#93 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 9:55:22 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
OOA is making serious progress towards beta.

I keep saying, beta...later this month, however due to the extra crazy workload of my day job this fall the 'this' keeps changing.

For once, I actually know the break point for this book ahead of time, (normally it's sort of keep writing until you can't fit anymore in a dead tree book or edit to cust stuff out/move it around). However, these (OOA and COA) are single POV books and thus shorter. Approximately 40-50% as long per book.

So, I know exactly what needs to be in there, the plot points for this book, the scenes, etc. and where the stopping point is, I just need to fill in words.

The other books by contrast have enough POV's and each with their own timelines that have to intertwine, that what exactly makes it into each book is less certain than OOA. But OOA is a relatively straight forward path...just gotta do the leg work.

Hope to have it finished for beta this year, with Beta in January.
Offline Yoroshiku Sanzuke  
#94 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 12:32:44 PM(UTC)
Yoroshiku Sanzuke

I'm looking forward to the fourth book. I just finished a three book marathon the last week on audible. I know others have been waiting much longer. Have you read Garon Whited Nightlord series? Because I believe these two series have great synergy potential. Almost enough to imagine it's part of the Multi-verse. I've made my own goodreads list with books from different Authors that could potentially be in a multi-verse or parallel existence within the Multi-verse.
Offline Tizzy  
#95 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 3:46:06 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I personally haven't, it takes forever to download audibles over my AOL Dial-Up connection.

If we brought up the Doom of Earth, I could ride the Doomnet and download that way. I mean, sure, we'd pretty much have to drown/bury everyone in Auckland NZ to do that, but if you think the book is that good, I'd be cool with that! Dancing

I will check out the list, we are always looking for worlds that have nicely compatible physics systems, it make the early inva---introduction, so much easier....

#96 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 6:39:12 PM(UTC)
Yoroshiku Sanzuke

Crossover Possibility List

This is the list of books I have read where the main character from Nightlord has intruded during my Lucid reading. He then starts fracturing off a new path, creating an alternate storyline. Since he can open a portal and world hop ocasinally, this happens too often. Though I love it, it's quite distracting. His book has also created a lot of story ideas for myself.
Plus he gets his own Mountain and is told he is a reincarnation of himself, and he has a sword he created in his past life that talks after getting enough power dumped into it. Hope you enjoy.
Offline Tizzy  
#97 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:49:49 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yeah, all that sounds pretty normal, business as usual, the way things generally work.

Reincarnating is very popular in some circles, and the good ones always stock up for their future selves.

Sort of like vampires before going into their coffins for a few decades. The biggest difference is the memory loss issues, definitely annoying.

For mortals, they generally spend a huge chunk of their most 'active years' figuring out who they were and then are so old, they don't have a lot of time to really use their past knowledge and resources for very long.

Which is probably a good thing.

I mean look at Exador, he just kept pretending to reincarnate as his son, but really, he was just changing his appearance and pretending to be his own offspring. That led to quite a lot of trouble in Astlan, several centuries of it in fact.

It's really not good for a planet to have an archdemon take up residence for extended period of times. Probably better off with vampires. Or a simple Zombie apocalypse. Actually, the orcs probably prefer a zombie apocalypse, because they can hack at an opponent over and over again to get a good workout.

Will check out the list!

Tizzy

#98 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:41:32 AM(UTC)
Yoroshiku Sanzuke

Funny you mentioned Vampires, Since Nightlords are a kind of Vampire. They spend their days as a human and as soon as the sun sets, their body dies and they spend their nights as one of the living / un-dead. But he's also a wizard so woo whoo. Exiting. Kinda creepy that his widow is the one to turn him and his past self turned her. Inception. Though there are so many theories that he travelled to a parallel earth that was set in an earlier date and turned his own sire. CRAZY! But no confirmation yet. The parallel Earths fracture like tree branches when certain choices are made - like Hitler winning the war - then that would have it's own branch-off with multiple Earths. Plus he puts in his own Doctor Who and supernatural Easter eggs.
There are other kinds of vampires he finds in other versions of Earth too, though not all are friendly. Then we got Gods and Avatars the Gods can control when summoned by priests. And false Gods. Won't tell you which God is a fake.
Offline Tizzy  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:36:59 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

So this guy doesn't get much sleep does he? Either as a human or vampire.

Cool, I've always found that sleeping is a terrible flaw for mortals. You don't get much done being comatose all the time.

These folks, however, do seem to get a lot of stuff done. Sounds like a real team!

Generally speaking, once you multiversal or start tinkering with time, suddenly everything in your life gets a LOT weirder.

#100 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:53:49 PM(UTC)
Yoroshiku Sanzuke

Oh yes. Eventually there's no sleep. But at first he sleeps but crazy dreams happen when he does. It's why he chooses not to in the end.
During the day though, his human metabolism is through the roof. Though no where near as bad as another character from a series called The Demon Accords.
He's a God touched Exorcist (God as in the one-and-only big guy up stairs) who gets infected with a vampire virus but doesn't turn then gets dosed with a shot of demon blood. Not good. Well, at first. It just ends up turning him into more of a bad ass.
The need to eat though. If he doesn't and he's in a fight, burning calories, he starts to waste away in front of their eyes. One of his weaknesses he has to overcome. When he eats, he gets a lot of strange looks. (This series is also on the list with 15 book so far)

With the no sleeping, he still doesn't get enough done, always saying he'll work things out someday and immortality problems.
Being a learned professor studying magic when he used to teach physics or something is a good way to fuck with someones mind views, but also a good way to invent world breaking spells of destruction. Not laws of physics because that broke ages ago.