The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 8:46:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Good point! No, probably not going to want to eat it.

Sounds like a bad case of indigestion.

So, I guess I'll just stick to P-Cubed.

Offline Lodrik  
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 11:37:45 PM(UTC)
Lodrik

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Didnt the Warhammer 40k Eldar self-destroy through debauchery and excess? Like they created/woke the some kind of (anti-)party chaos god (Slaanesh) that devoured most of the species?

I also dont see the undead + old ones alliance, the undead would not have taken millennia to get to the antilles cluster if they were working with the old ones... (did the book have any references to that? I dont remember at all...)

Wouldnt a alliance with between undead and C'tan/necron/borg make far more sense?

Edited by user Sunday, January 16, 2022 3:49:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 10:47:01 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hmm,

Not clear what use the Predecessors (who built the alien DSG and who are related to the cteph's) would have for the Unlife, while not a lot is known of them, it is known that the Unlife are generally immune to the ctephs' mental powers. It's really hard to suck someone's brain who is "brain dead" not much there to feed on.

Or in Gygaxian: "psionics don't work on the undead"

This makes the undead a major threat to people who depend on such mental powers for defense/offense.

So, I would agree such an alliance seems unlikely.

Tizzy.

Offline Reptide  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 5:44:06 PM(UTC)
Reptide

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Hmm,

Not clear what use the Predecessors (who built the alien DSG and who are related to the cteph's) would have for the Unlife, while not a lot is known of them, it is known that the Unlife are generally immune to the ctephs' mental powers. It's really hard to suck someone's brain who is "brain dead" not much there to feed on.

This makes the undead a major threat to people who depend on such mental powers for defense/offense.

Tizzy.

I was wondering where ctephs come from? Are they related to ctephs from Crysis series? didnt really want to ask bfore i reread AAofA but since tizzi mentien them...

btw Tizzi Rank here on forum is Arch Demon but he all the time claim he is just fiend. Can you explain?
“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Offline Tizzy  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 11:13:25 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I am an ArchDemon of the Forums!

Not the Abyss!

I am pretty sure they are related, the name comes from basically the same place. Which in greek is basically head with feet and applies to squids, octopuses, etc.

They don't really look the same though, the Cthephalopons or "squids" that the orks know sort of look like smaller (ork sized) wingless versions of a certain ancient deity of theirs (and the Predecessors) who also uses an awkward spelling of his/its name.

Even as their ancient deity inspires horror, so do they and they feed on the horror and fear that they generate in their prey/victims/enemies. They are basically emotional vampires, but are not dead.

As you can imagine, orks do not like things that cause them fear. "What is fear?" So they are particularly despised.
Offline Guruushika  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 8:09:39 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Hmm,

Tizzy.

Unlikely as the Alliance might seem, Sobek/Sebek has been known to openly associate with the GOO, if only peripherally. If an agreement between the managing parties are reached, unlikely as the alliance would be, it could still happen.

That is not to say that there isn't likely to be a great deal of potential for betrayal and infighting, but neither party cares that much about the (un)lives of their followers.

But that is divine politics, and lets be honest, most gods are petty squabbling beings.
Offline Tizzy  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 11:40:18 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Preaching to the choir on that one, there is a reason not all of those guys are hanging out together on that moon.

The whole Sobek, Ra, Horus, Amun, Sobek-Ra, Sobek-Horus, Amun-Ra thing just got so confusing. Talk about a love-hate quadra-angle. Hmm, I guess that's a love-hate square?

Not really sure where Sobek's hanging out at the moment. I know of at least one active temple of his in the Wilds of Eton, the swamp dragons really like him.

But that makes sense since he likes to gulp things/people down and so do swamp dragons.
Offline Guruushika  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 8:15:37 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

Good thing Sobek doesn't go heavy on the D-Weed, since Sobek with the munchies has to be an apocalyptical event of some type.

As for the Love/Hate Dodecahedrons that the gods love to be a part of, boredom is a bad thing when you live forever. And I am sure the 'Don't knock it till you've tried it' philosophy has to be an established practice among them. Which of course includes forming these unnecessarily complex relationships. Plus, lets get serious, in a time before Television or similar inventions, having gods create scenarios that the writers from soap operas couldn't dream up seems appropos if they are trying to get people talking about them. 'Did you hear about that thing with Zeus?' or perhaps 'That Loki went to an eating contest and lost horribly' that sort of thing.

Did Phaestos ever mention the Aphrodite/Ares thing?

Offline Tizzy  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 11:49:36 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

You are correct! The various Pantheons are the ORIGINAL soap operas, what you see on your earth are but pale reflections.

You think trying to write regular episodes of a soap for 35, 50, 60+ years is hard Try 35M, 50M, 60M+ years!

The plots get both complicated and seriously rehashed!

Oh yeah, Phaestus loves to talk about Aphrodite and Aries and the rest of his family!

Anything with Aphrodite is going to be good.

But if I have to hear one more time about him playing midwife for Athena's birth? Ugh. That one gets old, yes, a guy thinking he's doing brain surgery and the tumor turns out to be a fully grown woman is weird....the first 3,145,992 times you tell the story, but after that it really gets old!

But Aphrodite, ah, she's a sight for sore eyes. Even though I've heard the horror stories, I'd still like him to set me up on a date with her!

Or at the very least score me an invite to one of those legendary parties she and Bacchus through in the Lustorium!

Offline Guruushika  
#30 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 12:06:54 PM(UTC)
Guruushika

I’d been meaning to ask, we have been seeing pretty much every flavor of avatar for Phaestus, EXCEPT the mono-ocular ones. Was there a falling out or something?
Offline Tizzy  
#31 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 10:09:47 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Good point, historically of course, most mono-oculared folks are too big to fit on a spaceship, but, of course, being avatars they can change that.

Not sure why none returned to help out, they are very good at concentrating on things, you know, very single focused and all that. Really crappy at watch repair though, no depth perception. Also lousy fighter pilots, except the ones that are Ghedae, they're pretty good. Or at least the two I know of are. Really not that many of them.

Maybe we'll see some more in the future?
Offline Guruushika  
#32 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 9:57:00 PM(UTC)
Guruushika

The cyclops and Phaestus‘ treatment of them always struck me as interesting. They are technically demigods and all the other gods (except Poseidon) treated them poorly but they still helped forge weapons for them. Still, since Oorstemoth created that monstrosity of theirs, that level of artifice is open to other civilizations and I imagine forging the adamantine hull for something like that would be a great project.
Offline Tizzy  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 3:41:19 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well....that's sort of a loaded statement. And it depends on what you mean by treatment of.

1) there are multiple groups of cyclops, some of whom work for Hephaestus, some of who don't and who are really upset about it, considering him an usurper who profits off the others work.
2) There has been a lot of bad press about 'toiling for Hephaestus' in dingy caverns under a volcano, but..
a) He's also in those caverns toiling away beside them, under volcanoes is where you get the best access to the Elemental plane of Earth
b) And yes, over the years, there have been some of what your world might call 'union negotiations and strikes' but this is just how the crafts go.
3) The Cyclops are considered persona non-grata by most of Olympus, so obviously a lot of bad press there. But that's politics. Remember the cyclops are basically 'cousins' so to speak of the Titans which makes them suspect to the Olympians. This complicates many things.

Offline Stiff666  
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 10:26:44 PM(UTC)
Stiff666

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Tizzy, came to say I'm sorry. I signed up for Beta and I only got to the first page and I bottled it. I was selfish. I couldn't let anything spoil the sheer bliss of the perfect book I've been waiting years for. How I managed to save reading it until my post op recovery time at home I'll never know. As well as the apology though I have to say it's the only thing keeping me sane whilst stuck in bed. Please give the writing guy a big thank you for me when you see him and I'll try to do better next time. I'm not sticking around as I've not finished yet, *I'm not looking at any comments!* but I'll be back when I do. Total life saver guys, thank you x
Offline Tizzy  
#35 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 5:51:33 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

That is a common problem with Beta reading, and a danger, in some cases reality shifts out from under you as you read.

Didn't happen this time, but it did in Book 2.

Yes PO recovery, stuck in a bed is a great time to go on an adventure! Whether outer space or the Abyss, both are fine.

However, correct me if I am wrong, are you chewing on your intestines? That's what it looks like.

Is that normal after surgery?

In the Abyss, we usually chew on other people's intestines, not our own...

Just saying...