The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Author Guy  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:39:23 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mikey Go to Quoted Post
Not even for the chance to score with whomever had scorned his advances previously, or been out of his reach?

OK, in that case, but he probably wouldn't face his parents...
Offline The Author Guy  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:42:05 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Mikey Go to Quoted Post
and subsequently made the conscious (note the correct usage of the word "conscious") decision to disrespect me as a member of their audience.

That would be true for the vast majority of television, however, I do believe that premium cable, Netflix and Amazon have raised the bar in recent years have raised the bar considerably.

Stranger Things was the example this summer.
Westworld is the current example

Actually the Netflix super hero stuff is quite good. Jessica Jones was actually rather painful to watch (in a good way)
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#23 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 4:48:36 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yeah i have to agree with Iume, SG1 is great, SG:A i never really got into, and SGU i didn't really like. I've never actually seen BSG, surprisingly.
I never had that early period of dislike for the beginning season, so either i just really like it or i had clouded judgment or something i don't know.

My viewing path is a bit stranger than other since i'm a early 90's guy who didn't really have consistent computer usage until mid 2000 and then gradually switched from TV to none at all half a decade ago, so there are a lot of obscure things i've seen and things i should've seen that i have not seen.

also Canadian Cable had issues back in the day.

And yea, since Netflix was forced to stop people from seeing other regional Netflix content with VPNs it's not that great anymore, at least in places with less coverage and "copyright" international usage crap, fucking stupid that is.

Oh by the way i can't find a way to add my avatar Via the forum, only the website, so if there would be a way to remedy that i'd be very thankful ^_^

Edited by user Friday, November 11, 2016 4:55:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Author Guy  
#24 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 7:25:50 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Those regional copyrights need to freaking disappear.

That, tied to the different regional DVD/BR encryption have driven me insane.

Avatars are a pain due to the firewall here.

The best thing to do is go to completely clean out your avatar both on the main site and this forum. (I will do this for you if you want)

and then go to gravatar.com, create an account and add the email address you use for this forum along with the associated avatar you want to use and it will show up here.

Hmm, I wonder what Netflix is going to do about those copyrights once half their US subscribers move to Canada? Or Mexico, or Australia/NZ.