The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 12:20:48 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)

Tantor has set April 25, 2017 as the release date for the Audio Book of Volume I!

Not sure how the roll out goes, if it hits audible and iTunes at that point, I suspect linking to the text might take a few days to propagate!

Tizzy
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 7:44:54 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm not big into audiobooks, but I got a promotional audiobook from another author, and noticed I had bought the Book 1 audiobook when it came out, and never listened to it. I'm listening to it now. Wow, it's really good, though I don't know if it's my phone, this particular download, or the original, but I notice some skips in the recording. Once I finish, I'm going to delete and redownload it, and do some checking. It's probably just my phone. :P
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Lunarmage  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 5:14:33 AM(UTC)
Lunarmage

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have all three of the audio books from Audible, and they have all worked just fine for me. You can delete and then redownload it, and pick right up where you left off if you are using the Audible app.
Offline Tizzy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:56:14 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Don't know much about this, I can't download the audible in the Abyss, Audible claims they don't license for the Abyss.

So I just kidnapped Stephen and forced him to read the books for me in the Abyss.

Fortunately, Vaselle was able to provide him with one of the newest air conditioners.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:39:13 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Oh my Cube! Listening to the Oorstemothians discussing things about the case in Chapter 62 made me jiggle almost uncontrollably. Listening to it was completely different from when I read it.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:16:50 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

If only Wylan was on the Inferno, they would never get anything done with his eloquent and exquisitely efficacious, yet edifying and exemplary expository elocutions on everything!
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:04:53 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

indubitably
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:36:10 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Ok, looks like it was my bluetooth headphones that were causing the skipping problem. I used wired headphones for the rest of the book and didn't have any problems.

...aaaannd now I have to re-read the other two books. :P
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 10:01:00 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Uhm,

If you put head phones "on" won't you end up eating them and then pooping out the inorganic parts, which might be the entire thing?

Or are they inorganic ones that take long enough to get through you that you can listen as you try and fail to digest? I assume you are picking up the vibrations from the headphones as you also don't actually have ears.

Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 10:02:16 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

And since you don't have eyes?

How did you ever read the books?

The audio editions should be the only way you can read the books....

Or can you extrude eyes on gooey stalks?

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2019 11:50:12 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Magic! <jazz tentacles>

And I don't HAVE to eat whatever I touch. I mean, can't you humanoid/demonoids put something in your mouth and just hold it there? I just put the headphones on top, and let them drop in a couple of inches. The bluetooth ones are a lot more convenient.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 1:43:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I can't speak for anyone else, but the only thing that goes in my mouth that isn't eaten is my pipe.

I even swallow my chewing gum, bubble gum, toothpaste, mouthwash, boogers, you name it. My pie hole is a one way slide to my gullet and then...hmm...I don't know, nothing's ever come out the other side. Never thought of that. Wonder where it's all going?

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2019 11:39:58 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Aw, slosh it, I'm just buying the other two audiobooks. About halfway through Bk 2 now.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 12:27:10 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

You've missed half the dialog!

It's unfortunate, but evil lawyers in your world refused to grant me rights to my OWN jam during the battle in book III, so we couldn't play it in the background while Stephen was reading.

What sort of world grants song copyrights to electrical currents?

Otherwise, your jello would be jiggling at my rendition of Thunderstruck!
Offline Lunarmage  
#15 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 1:56:32 PM(UTC)
Lunarmage

I've been thinking about this for a while now. And I think Thunderstruck was the wrong choice of song for this battle. Back in Black I think would have fit better. It was the first D'Orc battle in 4k years and the lyrics fit in with the return of Orcus/Thommus perfectly.
Offline Tizzy  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 8:09:36 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Cursing So maybe next time you should get to the battle before it starts so we can go over the score? I'm out there, on my own (other than the band of course), I could probably use some support in my endeavors. I certainly didn't see you there ready to supply backup vocals, let along getting us sheet music!

Mad
Offline Lunarmage  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 10:13:55 PM(UTC)
Lunarmage

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Cursing So maybe next time you should get to the battle before it starts so we can go over the score? I'm out there, on my own (other than the band of course), I could probably use some support in my endeavors. I certainly didn't see you there ready to supply backup vocals, let along getting us sheet music!

Mad

Well excuse me for being an infant. I only came across the news of the battle after the fact. BUT, I will be happy to help with the playlist on the next battle. I mean we need to keep the moral of the D'Orc's up and the enemy off guard. Nothing like following up 'The Varyags of Mikligaard' with 'Hot Stuff' to confuse the matter.
Offline Tizzy  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:46:30 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

You are excused. Although, acknowledging your age, or lack thereof is agist, and we at Doom try to be non-agist.

Agism is a central conceit of the gods, and we don't like them. "We're immensely older than you, so worship us and give us all your mana or we squash you like insects."

We at Doom are to the gods, what "The Boys" are to Supes in that crazy jungle on your planet. I really can't understand why anyone would open a store in the middle of a rain forest, you'd think all the moisture would be bad for the boxes of products.

BTW am I the only one a bit concerned that Amon Amarth sounds like the name of a lich? Are we sure they're on our side?
Offline Lunarmage  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:11:44 AM(UTC)
Lunarmage

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
You are excused. Although, acknowledging your age, or lack thereof is agist, and we at Doom try to be non-agist.

Agism is a central conceit of the gods, and we don't like them. "We're immensely older than you, so worship us and give us all your mana or we squash you like insects."

We at Doom are to the gods, what "The Boys" are to Supes in that crazy jungle on your planet. I really can't understand why anyone would open a store in the middle of a rain forest, you'd think all the moisture would be bad for the boxes of products.

BTW am I the only one a bit concerned that Amon Amarth sounds like the name of a lich? Are we sure they're on our side?

As I understand it, Amon Amarth is the Sindarin name for Mount Doom, you know, that volcano that, that Necromancer took from you? Though I think that could be held against them just as much.
Offline Tizzy  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:35:39 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

You know we do not talk about that incident.

On the other hand, if they had been referring to the real Mount Doom instead of the hijaacked one that would be OK.

Very nice in fact.

Hmm, Google translate doesn't have a translator for Sindarin so I can't verify.

Big problem with Universal (and why isn't it called multiversal???) is that everything sounds the same to me, "spoken" that is. Written is a bit more complicated.

In this case, it's Sindarin, written in English text and that completely foils my innate translation ability, so I can't translate it and will have to go by Wicked Pedia, which to be fair, since it's Wicked, should be trustworthy.