The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:43:55 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
As I am sure you can imagine, I have to put up with a lot of crazy people around me down there in the Abyss.

There are points in time where I just want to relax and watch something entertaining, yet soothing, relaxing and very very structured.

Structure helps me focus and calms me from the craziness of the worlds.

So when I first learned about Television Procedural Dramas--dramas/mysteries that follow very fixed story lines, logical, step by step, one after the other dramas that follow a set, rational, well understood order. You have mystery and uncertainty only in very select circumstances, but all comes down to one of a very select set of predesignated outcomes that are logically consistent with the events at hand.

Relaxing, comforting, yes?

So I tried these but the ones I tried...Law & Order: *, CSI: *, NCIS: * all were hugely disappointing with no coherent plots what-so-ever. Confusing, incoherent, unrelated sequences of events that had no correlation with each other.

Needless to say, I gave up on the genre.

However, today was "Prime Day" at Amazon, which as you may know, is on a plane adjacent to the Abyss. Anyway, T-A-G for once did something right. He got me the Televised version of a series of books he read, I guess, seconds ago in my time, years in his....called "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"

I have to say, I FINALLY get procedurals, a show that is logical with an obvious, rational, well thought out connections between scenes, each episode flows with clockwork logic and precision from event to obvious next event. Amazing!

Finally, a logically, self-consistent procedural that one can take comfort in its familiarity and rational logic!

I highly recommend it.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Offline Christopher Cope  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 12:01:32 AM(UTC)
Christopher Cope

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

If that show makes sense to you Tizzy, you'd love the new "Twin Peaks" show on Showtime. As for me, I'd need to swig a bottle of cough syrup laced with LSD to begin to make heads or tails of it.
Offline Tizzy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 3:04:44 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Oooh, I checked it out last night.

You didn't tell me that Paul Muad'Dib was in it!

Haven't seen him in years, we used to go worm riding together! Lots of fun. I hadn't heard from him in sometime, and I'd been getting worried, he was in a rather hostile situation, you might say, so I was afraid he might have bit the dust, or desert in his case, but turns out he just moved to this Twin Peaks town. Lots more water there.

Offline Puck  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 5:18:24 AM(UTC)
Puck

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Elementary
Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:30:00 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Puck Go to Quoted Post
Elementary

???? Huh

My name is Tizzy, not Watson!

Flapper
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:13:44 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Believe it or not, there's a town named after you Tizzy.
Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:22:38 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Dirk Flamberge Go to Quoted Post
Believe it or not, there's a town named after you Tizzy.

Of course I believe it! It makes a lot of sense, clearly a very enlightened people!

Where is this magnificently marvelous milieu? Pray tell?
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:34:36 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

On some of the Earths, far north on the North American continent, The town of Tisdale dwells there. It should show up on Google.De for you, just type Tisdale and it might pop up first thing on the list, before all that social media nonsense about #Tizzietuesdays and someone called 'Ashley Tisdale'.
Offline Tizzy  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:37:56 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I shall examine post haste!
Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:41:38 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Tisdale Saskatchewan, via Google Street Maps it is truly a booming metropolis! Albeit sort of like an unwalled version of Mugatroy....

https://goo.gl/maps/xXYcgKbWz8U2

Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:43:39 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Oohh! They got an A&W gotta gets me some root glargh!

Offline Christopher Cope  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:07:10 AM(UTC)
Christopher Cope

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Tisdale sounds like a British beer. Sounds like something Boggy came up with. Is that the business you're in together?
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:19:48 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Apparently the town was originally known as Doghide, after the river, and was renamed in honour of one F.W. Tisdale, a CNR Employee. Western Canada’s biggest gun shoot out took place just east of Tisdale apparently. Tisdale's old Motto used to be the "Land of Rape and Honey" due to its significance in both rapeseed(canola) and honey production, and is home to The world's second largest honey bee statue.
Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:36:20 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Christopher Cope Go to Quoted Post
Tisdale sounds like a British beer. Sounds like something Boggy came up with. Is that the business you're in together?

Well, I have brewed my own beer; however, I don't use hops, I have another "herb" that I replace the hops with. I think it seriously improves the "flavor"

Shhh
Offline Tizzy  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:45:55 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Dirk Flamberge Go to Quoted Post
Apparently the town was originally known as Doghide, after the river, and was renamed in honour of one F.W. Tisdale, a CNR Employee. Western Canada’s biggest gun shoot out took place just east of Tisdale apparently. Tisdale's old Motto used to be the "Land of Rape and Honey" due to its significance in both rapeseed(canola) and honey production, and is home to The world's second largest honey bee statue.

I have definitely heard that motto before, I think it's the entire county/region, which is also called Tisdale. However, as the namesake of this community, I am reasonably certain that was an a posteriori retconning of the phrase to comport with modern sensibilities. As you probably know, we demons love coating our rape partners in honey, so when we eat them afterwords, it's like a desert.

Although, I knew this one demon, he used to feed his rape partners honey instead of coating their outsides. Interestingly enough, that time in Denver when we went to Casa Bonita with my good friend Eric Cartman, he ate his sopapillas the exact same way. Maybe that's how he got the idea?