The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2022 4:37:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm, I think I might avoid this option.

Assuming they eventually, after a few centuries, work out their differences, they would figure out someone set them up and probably join forces to locate, investigate, try, and then execute the perpetrators. And likely cause all sorts of havoc in their wake.

Particularly if the perps are demons or orcs, I guarantee you both would prefer old fashioned torture to their legal theatrics.

Of course, to be fair, only a completely insane demon would try to piss of the Denubians and risk the Choco-Coffee(TM) pipeline to theAbyss being shutdown. for the majority of demon's is our primary, and often (for decades/centuries at a time) only sustenance (because of course we don't actually need to eat).

Although Boggy and I are looking to alleviate this by franchising our Apothecaries.

Of course, I could see demonic enemies trying to frame demons for such a thing....hmm....
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#62 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2022 12:49:39 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Guruushika Go to Quoted Post
Oh dear, just had a thought. If you wanted to shut down Oorstemoth, discretely seed ideas that are copyrighted by Denubian Demons (TM). The legal battles that would ensue would be epic, once the aformentioned demons get wind of it...

Oooooo. The pre-pre-pre court proceedings would take decades, at least!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#63 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2022 1:22:25 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
At least, and if I am going to spend decades or more with something that tediously painful, I will just stick to racks, iron maidens, red-hot pincers, pears of anguish (fantastic sex toy btw), judas cradles, spanish donkeys and ticklers, or any of seven hundred and thirty five other toys I've experienced, even a simple old fashioned pillory with whips and lashes would be far preferable.

Offline Guruushika  
#64 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 7:09:43 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
While it is true that one should not be the originator of any such infringement, I did refer to placing seeds. Getting the right person sloshed and mentioning that it would be funny if the Oorstemothians and the Denubians would engage in legal warfare could yield the same result with none of the culpability. Just because I thought it would be funny and maybe even discussed theoretical ways to upset people, (the latter depends on the boldness of the individual) if I didn't commit an overt act...

The fun part of prolonged legal battles (for the observer) is that it is kind of like watching a couple divorce and marry several times over. Plus the psychological scars tend to be harder to forget than the physical ones, assuming one scars at all. Not to mention, it'd be curious to see which legal giant is the bigger one. Sort of a Multiversal-Heavyweight-Championship of Lawyering.

As for Tizzy's proclivities, just remember the Spa at Mt. Doom is finally open again. I'm sure they can squeeze you in.
Offline Wylan of Oorstemoth  
#65 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 11:40:15 PM(UTC)
Wylan of Oorstemoth

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Cursing ThumbDown

You scurrilously scheming sociopathic scoundrel!

Scandalously seeding sacrilegious sedition by means of sloshing is a seriously malignant malfeasance mandating no mercy!

Liberally leveraging your own levity via legal litigation is downright larcenous of the Court's time and resources!

Wisely, I Wylan Wynterford was watching these woefully wonder-less, wasteful writings and what do I find but wanton acts of wishful warfare against Oorstemoth!

As a Field Protectator of Oorstemoth, I have encountered endlessly egregious effronteries against Oorstemoth before, such as the Demonic Invasion earlier this year!

However, none have been so insidiously irritating and insipidly insulting as this!

I shall be reporting this post at once!

Glare Angry
#66 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 11:44:34 PM(UTC)
Wylan of Oorstemoth

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

Moderator! Yes, you, you foul four legged, four armed force of fractiousness, I am talking to you!

Why are you misrepresenting my country with that red, white and blue flag?

My posts should all fly the flag of Oorstemoth.

Unfortunately, Oorstemothian law books are not properly indexed on "Internet Posts" since we don't have an Internet in Oorstemoth! But rest assured I will find applicable law relevant to your site's vile misrepresentation!

Edited by user Monday, August 1, 2022 11:45:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#67 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2022 1:05:29 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Oh dear. It seems we have an Oorstemothian online. It's been a while, Wylan. Where have you wandered while wondering worriedly?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

#68 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2022 2:57:15 AM(UTC)
Wylan of Oorstemoth

I am assiduously assessing the Abyssal activities of the Inferno.

Contact is inconsistent and occasionally corrupted.

Recent reports and reconnaissance relay that they have had a renewed rapprochement with Denubians, hence my alarm at activities attested above!
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#69 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2022 2:34:46 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

As always, Wylan, your words are wonderfully wrought. I am not nearly as articulate.

I'm terribly troubled that your team has fallen into trying times, but you had to have realized that would happen when you send people to the Abyss. They're sure to survive and seize success from defeat.

As for our discussion, we were merely wondering which court would have jurisdiction should a copyright claim become contested between Oorstemoth and the Denubians.

Edited by user Thursday, August 4, 2022 2:35:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Swelling...I mean spelling.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

#70 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2022 3:25:11 PM(UTC)
Wylan of Oorstemoth

Oorstemothian Copyright Law has comprehensive coverage concerning the correct conduct and jurisprudence of jurisdictional adjudication for assertion of assumed rights and claims by non-Oorstemothian entities.

However, without a specific statutory instance and all subsequent significant assertations from the parties involved, I am unable to precisely predicate on which path the dispute would proceed.

At no point have I suggested, implied nor insinuated that our team has encountered any difficulty. I have simply stated that interdimensional atmospherics have impeded our ability to communicate regularly and reliably with the vessel.

Edited by user Friday, August 5, 2022 2:05:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#71 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2022 2:58:14 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Of course, Wylan, of course. <jaggle>
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

#72 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2022 2:13:52 PM(UTC)
Wylan of Oorstemoth

Excellent, I am now agreeably assuaged that you were not asserting any legally actionable assumptions on the adroit activities of an authorized Oorstemothian adventure.