The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mikey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 11:25:48 AM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
IBM Research has recently released a number of their machine learning research projects as a part of the IBM BlueMix cloud product family.

One of their funnier products, Personality Insights, has the following to say about Tizzy's forum posts:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 3:14:55 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Who is this Watson guy?

Why is he saying I need love? I resent that! I'm perfectly happy with my yuge circle of friends (Boggy, Tom, Rupert, Gastrope', Jenn, Maelen, Antefalken, Estrebius, Reggie) That's like 9 friends! That's more than I've ever had before, who in the multiverse needs more than 9 friends.

I don't think anyone other than Mark Zuckerberg has more than a baker's dozen!

So what, did this Watson guy get an account and reading my posts? Not seeing him in the user list...
Offline Mikey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 4:23:22 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Why is he saying I need love?

It's a sales tool, meant to answer the question of what products to try to sell to you, and how.

Bakery supplies, for example, are a classic love product, which is why they are so often marketed by images which D'Customers perceive as typical objects of affection.

Your standard enriched butter is often sold to D'Consumers who value stimulation and harmony.

Since you are likely to imminently recommend certain strategic magical purchases to your friends, it's worth it to subject you to brand and product line marketing.

Edited by user Saturday, May 28, 2016 4:25:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 9:29:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Will this Watson tool spam me?

I am hoping so!

I love spam, it's delicious and nutritious.

Pretty sure it's made from pink food coloring and Soylent Green!

And everyone knows how delectable Soylent Green is. It's secret ingredient is one of my favorite foods!

Although I've noticed these commercials on TV for this nutritional shake called "Soylent"

Seriously? Did the people who started this brain damaged company never hear of Charlton Heston?
Offline Mikey  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 9:51:31 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Hey Tizzy, if you happen to bump into T-A-G, please mention that forum notification email links point to his business domain, not astlan.net.
Offline Tizzy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:25:16 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Ack, Ack.

That's because he added another forum for his business and it confuses the crap out of the forum software.

Thanks

Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:37:40 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hoping that fixed it, seems there is a bug in the sql code; he knew that when creating, but thought he'd kludged around it.
Offline Tizzy  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:38:25 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

thinking it made things worse...damn gremlins.

Got a weird error message after posting.
Offline Tizzy  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:47:55 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Nother kudge to temporarily fix the gremlin's attack.
Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:48:41 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

or maybe not.
Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:50:28 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

trying this again see if the gremlin bomb goes off
Offline Tizzy  
#12 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:50:59 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Tricky gremlins, their error message was completely pointing in the wrong direction from the problem.
Offline Tizzy  
#13 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:53:18 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

This is a dekludge of the spell I used to battle the gremlins when I thought it was the other thing. Did I rebreak it?
Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:53:42 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Nope!

Maybe good.
Offline Mikey  
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 6:53:59 PM(UTC)
Mikey

The email has the correct domain, but the last link I got was still broken. You did post two messages after that, I see, but I received no email regarding them.

I'm sure that my architect's perspective is both foolish and unrefined, but off-the-shelf solutions such as http://www.discourse.org/ combined to Google / Facebook authentication and authorization might possibly require less custom work and tuning.

Edited by user Sunday, May 29, 2016 6:58:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Author Guy  
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 7:57:16 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
There are a lot of solutions that work...but few that integrate directly into this site easily.

It's a trade off. This is an open source .net forum (standalone even) integrated into an open source cms; so yes there are bugs...

I have multiple stacks worth of various variants of popular things, but there is also the question of the time to migrate everything to a new platform, particularly ones I don't know well.

For example, much of them are php; I haven't used php since the late nineties, and have never been a fan of it. And to be honest, I haven't done a heck of a lot of *nix development and minimal systems since the advent of Windows NT. Prior to that I was all *nix and VMS. But I started working in MS based business environments; smaller shops that preferred windows to *nix.

Anyway a hosted solution is unlikely to integrate well. And trying to keep themes and look/feel consistent across platforms is a ton of work.

And it's not just this site, I have multiple sites all of which would have to be migrated otherwise I am maintaining too many platforms.