The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Flakes  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 4:09:54 AM(UTC)
Flakes

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Rereading apostles it occured to me. About a quarter of the way in, there is a long lecture to Tom about why Gods can't enter the Abyss without spdisturbing some treaty or balance thingy. and yet there Phestus, Usiris, and Bess, clearly in the Abyss.
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 6:59:45 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well.... Bess is Bastet, of the Nyjyr Ennead that was presumed dead, and she's pretending to be a demon, so the holders of the treaty aren't actually aware, Hephaestus is also of the Nyjyr Ennead as well as others, presumably they don't know he's there either. I'm actually having difficulty remembering that exact scene....
Offline Flakes  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 7:02:23 AM(UTC)
Flakes

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Another question... I presume that with your cross referencing different books Sir Samwell might be the alias of a certain Samwise Gamgee?
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 12:18:27 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Actually It is Sammael Co-Factor of the Abyss disguising himself as Sir Samwell the oorsmothian First Knight of High Justice, they actually outright say so a few different times in the book, and as far as i can tell there isn't a LOTR reference involved there.

Edited by user Sunday, January 15, 2017 12:44:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 5:03:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
The key trick on the balance is gods can come, if invited/no one complains.

So:

1) Bess & the Outpost are a clear violation, however, only Tom and friends know this. The other gods believe the Nyjyr Ennead to be dead/missing/AWOL.
2) Sentir Fallon would be a problem, except he was invited by Lilith, or has been at times. Since Lilith (and/or Sammael) are sort of the de-facto rulers, if they don't tell anyone, it's fine. It's actually a far bigger problem for Sentir, that he is working with Lilith than the that he's in the Abyss.
3) Phaestus, Volund, Loki, Singkun & others were/are Orcus' guests, arguably his Court. He invited them. Those who are aware of Tartarus are generally aware of their connection.
4) Technically an Olympian in the Abyss (Orcus) would be a problem, but he's been there for millions of years and most people don't get the connection (do not know he's a god) and consider him a permanent resident, and as one of the Princes of the Courts of Chaos, he was considered part of that signatory group. I.e. he got grandfathered in. This is true of a few other gods that live in the Abyss, he is not actually the only one. What is true, however, is that none of the gods living there have access to their god pools (if they have one)
Offline NS  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:23:02 PM(UTC)
NS

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

well they would only be cut off from their god pools if they have them in the outer planes
if they established them in the mortal planes or the abyss they should be fine right?

in fact aren't the Nyjyr Ennead living on a moon in the astlan/mortal plane right now? (cause their plane in the outer planes got destroyed?
so Bess and Phaestus should have access to their god pools
Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:12:31 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yes, they would be cut off from their godpools in the Abyss.

In fact, in book II, Sekhmekt mentions this while watching Phaestus work on a big gun.

They closed down their main/obvious outer planes. That doesn't mean they don't have a hidden plane or something with god pools on it.

Based on what Sekhmekt has said, we have to assume the GP's and PP's aren't on Uropia since she can't access them.
Offline NS  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:42:05 PM(UTC)
NS

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

ah I see
although it would make sense for the Nyjyr Ennead to have one on their moon b/c they have Bess in the abyss and Phaestus likes to visit and stuff
though I guess if Bess actually used it she would blow her cover
possibly god pools would also be more vulnerable on mortal planes than outer planes?

I guess that's one of the reasons for the Doomalogs (think i spelled that wrong) b/c they give Orcus/Tom access to supplementary mana regardless of what plane he is on

unless someone sets up a barrier like the liches/exador/sentir fallon
Offline Tizzy  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:20:52 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Blow her cover, probably.

As far as god pools on the material planes, well, to be honest, Singkun and I were pretty wasted when the rest were talking about godpools yada yada. There's something rather tricky about them being on the material planes, but I don't remember what it is. I mean, I think you can have them, but they are less stable or something like that...like I said, we really were not paying attention to that stuff when they were discussing it.

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:51:21 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Something something crazy cultists something something purified mana unstable something something volatile explosions something something?

I wouldn't want to think about the logistics of storing a godpool in a material plane, that's for certain.
Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:13:18 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

What if it's like a water bed and suddenly springs a leak?

Nearby mortals would be soaked in mana, and nothing brings "monsters" (a pejorative term if I ever heard one) faster than that!
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 12:11:30 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Yea, Plus, mana overload to mortals is.... never pretty.
Offline Tizzy  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 3:38:49 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, but it is funny! Applause
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 8:30:31 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Until you realize you have to clean up the resulting mess.
Offline Tizzy  
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 9:09:41 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I don't do windows, floors, ceilings, walls, carpets or dishes.
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 9:31:43 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

What about Laundry?
Offline Tizzy  
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 10:15:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I'm naked, Buck Naked, that's my pseudonym.

So...no! Dancing
Offline EyeDeKay  
#18 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 7:22:13 PM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Eh most Demon clothes are like Antefalkens clothes.
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 7:23:18 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Except for the fancy buggers with too much money to burn.
Offline Tizzy  
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 9:24:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well burning is pretty much what happens to most normal clothes in the Abyss. The place is rather harsh on them, as it is on flesh. You often get a lot of dried out and brittle clothes, (it is nasty on leather unless you really work to preserve it) and if you stand to close to an exploding ball of flame, there goes the clothes!