The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#41 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 2:04:08 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Uhm,

I try very hard to not judge people by their appearance, but to be fair to Hrothgar--complete douchebag-asshole that he was--I seriously doubt he slept with Grendel's mother. Again, not to cast aspersions, but she looked nothing like Angelina Jolie, not even an animated one.

I won't say she was ugly (not sure that word would do her justice), in hindsight I suspect she had some Denubian blood....however, she had an amazing and incredible personality!

And as pissed off as Grendel was, I sort of think he'd have mentioned that little tidbit.

Offline Coatl  
#42 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 6:20:05 AM(UTC)
Coatl

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

Who said anything about Angelina Jolie? You get a Viking drunk enough, he’d dip his wick in anything.Eh?
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#43 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 12:55:27 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You know, I can't help but wonder if some vikings managed to make it down to the American South. In a lot of ways they bear a striking resemblance to the Southern American group called "redneck". They love their gods and weapons, and a lot of their adventures start with "Here, hold my beer and watch this".
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#44 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 2:28:35 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Coatl Go to Quoted Post
Who said anything about Angelina Jolie? You get a Viking drunk enough, he’d dip his wick in anything.Eh?

In one of the most epic instances of bad casting, Angelina Jolie played Grendel's mom in the 2007 3D animated Beowulf movie.

Seriously, not her, not her at all.

I can't tell you how many mirrors I broke trying to get a family mirroring for Grendel and his mom. She was literally anti-photogenic.

Offline Tizzy  
#45 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 2:35:41 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
You know, I can't help but wonder if some vikings managed to make it down to the American South. In a lot of ways they bear a striking resemblance to the Southern American group called "redneck". They love their gods and weapons, and a lot of their adventures start with "Here, hold my beer and watch this".

Hmm, that quote is the deciding piece of evidence. Clearly they must have.

They did trade with Persia via the vulga trade route, and eventually to Italy by going around the coast of Spain. They also traded, at least indirectly, with China. Not to mention upper North America, could very possibly got down there and established a lost colony.
Offline Mikey  
#46 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 12:15:25 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
In my day job, I talk about technology and potential a lot. One of the current main topics is AI.

Sometimes you need some extra oomph to get people in touch with the essence of a concept.

I used Peter Watts' novella Malak recently to jog people's intuition regarding black box models.

http://www.rifters.com/r...rts/PeterWatts_Malak.pdf

Edited by user Saturday, December 16, 2017 12:16:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: joG

Offline Tizzy  
#47 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 8:06:38 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Quite well written, good logic flow and lots of mass destruction and obliteration of Red Bio-thermals and Green to Red Bio-thermals.

4 thumbs up!