The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Author Guy  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:43:00 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
You know, I don't actually remember, I am sure I did him, but probably like Lenamare as a regular character on paper, so I don't have it on computer.

I will need to go back through my paper stuff to look.

He is very high level, most likely the highest level in Astlan, higher than the other Knights Rampant, but he also has Ruidan and some seriously "god-awe-full" armor, and he had the help of all those priests draining Tom and suppressing him.

And Tom, while high level, was inexperienced. This is actually something you see a LOT in D&D when you see people start a character at high level, or are just given one. They are never as effective with a character of that power as a player that has played the character from level 1 to XX, the player who has lived through all the XP, has figured out (presumably) how to truly exploit their character's strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

I believe he is in the low 30's.
Offline The Author Guy  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:44:31 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
So, in that sense, of Tom being inexperienced but high level...that is probably the closet the books come to LitRPG in reality because that was the paradigm I had in mind with Tom. A student driver in a Formula 1 race car.