The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Author Guy  
#21 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 7:04:52 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
One style I am talking to an artist about is something along the Myth Adventures line.

The original ones, not the later ones which I think are too cartoonish I think. But the early less cartoonish/more classical ones seem like a good sort of style.

Of course, the reverse of the cover is (literally) the blurb. Probably need to rework that for Book 1, and will need to generate one for book ii.

Several people weren't thrilled with the current blurb, apparently thinking/fearing the book would be "Game of Cheech and Chongs"
Offline Maou  
#22 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 11:10:06 PM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I wonder what awe-inspiring moment will be on this cover?
Offline Tizzy  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:28:49 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
According to the ever whiny T-A-G that has been a subject of great consternation.

In part because it has to be representative, and enticing, but not give too much away. So no Tom vs Talarius for example.

Right now the thinking is the initial summoning (e.g. circle of wizards w/Tom in the middle)

However suggestions are welcome.

Offline Rosver  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:07:52 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I would have liked the Tom vs Talarius cover.

well....

How about the time when Tom, Tizzy, Rupert, Jenn, Gastrope, and Maelen travelled together? There is a lot of characters but it does give the Adventure vibe.

Also, a scene in the "The Ripe Young Maiden's Surprise" would also be great. It would be quite humorous and fantastical at the same time.
Offline Tizzy  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:39:39 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
In terms of the traveling together, thoughts have included the battle on the ship; the campfire when Maelen discovers they are being followed by the Rod.

He's thought of The Ripe Young Maiden's Surprise, need to optimize the time with the most characters are there...usually it's two or three at a time.