The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
18 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#281 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 3:37:38 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LCSpartan051 Go to Quoted Post
Reflect items do what their creators want them to do/believe they do. So a reflect crystal might be able to hold a god pool/pantheon pool if it was created for that purpose. On a related note, are priests just godly warlocks?

That's the sort of question that gets one either burnt at the stake as a heretic.

Much more of the original plans for Doom are revealed in book 3 and later.

Warlocks have long known to be puppets for demons and they typically do not collect mana for their masters. In fact, warlocks being wizards or aniwizards etc generally don't have any mechanism for collecting mana from worshipers. Could they? One supposes with a lot of time and practice, but as a rule that has not been what they do. The only way wizards have of exchanging mana is via Wizard Links used in joint spell casting etc. Like the wards or a summoning.

Shamans on the other hand, some of them do have rituals for harnessing group mana--see book 3 for a big example of this.

Offline Mikey  
#282 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:12:11 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LCSpartan051 Go to Quoted Post
Reflect items do what their creators want them to do/believe they do.

Are the gods' planes and afterlives actually directly related to spacetime dimensions, matter and energy, or is what makes refleca and materialized concepts possible, the simulational and computational nature of that form of existence?
Offline Tizzy  
#283 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 2:53:53 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Uhm...yeah what you said...I think the second.

Not sure I can wrap my head around that as I have lot of smoke wrapped around my head at the moment.

The outer planes are not physical planes, but they are not as immaterial as the astral and aetherial planes. Just very different.

The aetherial planes are like shadows of the material worlds, and are directly connected to a physical/material universe.

The astral plane is one of pure spirit, about the safest place for someone with only an animabody to live, short of the outer planes.

If the aetherial planes are shadows, then the outer planes are reflections of the material planes, and like most reflection what is there depends upon the direction/angle/position you are looking and who is looking. However, it's not quite that simple, because the splintering of the multiverse creates multiple-facets each one of which may have a corresponding reflection in the outer planes, or perhaps some overlap. The gods understand this far better than I.

I'm just stuck in the Abyss. I would thus add to the argument in this thread, that part of what makes a god a god is an understanding of the outer planes and how to manipulate them.

Maybe a simple analogy would be that the outer planes are somewhat similar to your cyberspace and virtual environments. As reflections of the material world controlled and manipulated, they are to all intents and purposes "virtual worlds" and the gods are the programmers. The souls are the players, the avatars the game masters?

But that's a loose analogy; technically completely inaccurate, but....functionally not an incorrect way of thinking about it.
Offline Tizzy  
#284 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 3:07:07 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Anxious Brick wall

Ack Ack! Oh my demon!

I just reread my last post and I sound exactly like Phaestus!!!!!

It's been so long since he and I have argued this point, at least 10,000 years or more that I hadn't realized I'd absorbed his talking points!

As perhaps the greatest magineer in the history of the multiverse, and a god himself who hangs out with other gods...he clearly has to know about the Outer Planes and how to manipulate them...

However, he was always very cagey when any of us would ask him about it, and trust me, during the two great construction projects, we talked about this a lot...and actually, he and Volund must have used some of this knowledge in creating that thing you don't know about and can't know about until book 3....

Hmmm, I probably should have paid more attention, but frankly those sleestak wizards gave me the creeps....so I stayed away a lot when they were around and he'd have been working on his extra dimensional engineering. I wonder if Orcus paid any attention? I'm sure the D'Orcs didn't, well, except maybe for some of the high tech ones and those sneaky animage light saber wielding ones....

Not sure though if any of them are still alive, so I may have to reopen this argument with Phaestus. Where is he? Ah crap, tonight's the night
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#285 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 11:18:41 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Gasp! (if I had lungs, that's EXACTLY the sound I'd make)

O.M.G. My corners are wiggling I'm so excited!

I believe the humans make this noise when really excited?

SQUEE!

Edited by user Friday, June 17, 2016 11:20:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: SQUEEE!!!

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Skaar  
#286 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 6:39:33 PM(UTC)
Skaar

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Humans are always excited, tho I've never heard one say SQUEEE!!! Around me it's mostly crying and screaming and sometimes messing themselves ( weren't they suppose to be potty trained) it's all quite annoying especially when your trying to ask for directions
Offline Tizzy  
#287 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 7:16:30 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I think SQUEEE!!! is the noise someone makes when their loud squeal is abruptly cut off by shoving one of their various body parts down their throats.

I'm sure I musta heard it more than a few times over the millenia, but you know how it goes, one torture session blends into another.
Offline Skaar  
#288 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 9:08:34 PM(UTC)
Skaar

Torture does get tedious, personally I like to rip off a leg and watch and see how far they get before the blood loss kicks in, that's definitely a great party game
Offline Tizzy  
#289 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 10:53:53 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

In that case, you'd love Demon Twister, you are required to get an appendage on the colored dot, if you can't manage it, one of the Game Masters will assist by detaching a limb to place on the spot.

Hmm, so that's what the D'Orcs were playing with Lilith's demon army...
Offline Grant  
#290 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 11:38:46 PM(UTC)
Grant

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Is book 3 ready yet I am looking forward to making the SQUEEE!! sound as soon as i can read it i have extra limbs i can donate for demon twister :)
Offline Mikey  
#291 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 1:19:29 AM(UTC)
Mikey

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Grant Go to Quoted Post
looking forward to making the SQUEEE!! sound

UserPostedImage
Offline Tizzy  
#292 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 3:24:52 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

T-A-G is writing along this weekend, first solid writing period in several weeks.

Trying to squeeze out the SQUEEE!s as soon as possible.
thanks 1 user thanked Tizzy for this useful post.
Mikey on 6/19/2016(UTC)
Offline Puck  
#293 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 9:31:05 PM(UTC)
Puck

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yaaaas
Offline JMX  
#294 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 1:52:42 AM(UTC)
JMX

Happy dance
Offline Winter  
#295 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 2:19:41 AM(UTC)
Winter

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
re-read the books in preparation, and I've decided that i really want to know why the djinn refer to tiernon as 'the false god'

that and i want more tamarin story

but regardless, im ready for a new book in my life
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#296 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 2:52:09 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Oh, great catch! "False God", indeed! Makes me wonder how Tiernon became a god.

And speculation on how Tamarin may be chasing Tom for some "anchoring exercises" in Book 3 makes for some amusing thoughts. After all, Tom is a Dark Overlord now. They always have the best groupies.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#297 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:12:46 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, I can confirm Tamarin is certainly giving Tom the googly eyes.

Which is odd since she isn't wearing Google Glass, so I'm not sure how she's doing it, but she obviously is.

Rumor is that young Djinn, having never experienced the physical world before, are all quite anxious to explore the limits of physicality
Offline Puck  
#298 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:21:23 PM(UTC)
Puck

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

How exciting! Granted we should take things Tizzy says carefully! But still! Hopefully Tom ignores her : I
Offline Skaar  
#299 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:33:22 PM(UTC)
Skaar

I think Tom exploring the limits of physicality with Tamarin is definitely needed, it's a great stress reliever, and he definitely has a mountain a stressful things to worry about
Offline Tizzy  
#300 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:41:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

If he doesn't want to, I suppose then, as his closest and bestest friend in the multiverse, it falls to me to fulfill his obligations as a djinni master.

As his friend, if it falls to me to bear this burden, assisting Tamarin in exploring physicality, then bear I shall. As many times as it takes for her to understand all there is to know.

You all know me, the most selfless and honorable demon in the Abyss, he who can always be counted upon when the chips are down. It's just what I do.

Liar