The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<567
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Madfox11  
#121 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 5:29:02 PM(UTC)
Madfox11

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can a demon be bound to more masters? If not, then that is one reason you might want to be bound. Come to think of it, if you can be bound by more than two masters, it might be funny to watch what happens when two rivals learn they did it and order you to kill the other... Another one would be to get out of the Abyss. Tom and more powerful demons can apparently can get out when they want to, but the weakers ones apparently can not. To have some fun with the foolish mortal that summoned you? The more I think about it, the more reasons I can think off why you would not mind being bound by a foolish master who underestimates your power. I mean, Tom certainly appeared to get some fun from the that ring with his name spelled incorrectly (assuming that was the reason for it failing). He got a free ride to Astlan, a nice scuffle with silly bad guys while saving the damsel in distress, make a friend and get to have the high ground in an argument with said damsel. Ooo... and he got to blow up a ship owned by some really silly humans. I mean, it was even a win for the wizard who summoned him. If he had not been there, they would never have gotten the book back.

Tizzy, I think you lack imagination. Life is about more than smoking pipe in the Abyss and pestering Lillith. I mean that gets old just as quickly as floating on a cloud ;)
Offline Tizzy  
#122 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 9:52:14 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well....

Most demons have far worse experiences than Tom, he is sort of an exception. Coming out of the Abyss often means scrubbing floors, building fortresses for your master, slave labor basically, at least for the little guys.

And the big guys? They have to much ego to even pretend to submit. But there certainly could be some that do that...

Arch-Demons and above can certainly get out whenever they want. Although, no (or very few) humans know this--as of book 1. In fact they assume that the more powerful the demon, the more power it takes them to manifest on the plane.

Tom has proven to be able to hijack other demon's summons, that's highly unusual, it has been done before but is extremely rare.

however, there is a way to get out of the Abyss that's far better for 3's and 4's than having a master (but it is not that common)...and that will be explored in Book 2...but people have mentioned it here in the threads...

As to two masters, there is contradictory information on that, some sources say yes, some say no...

Yes, but I don't just smoke my pipe...I'm very social...and there might be some small cause for some demons to dislike me...
Offline Rosver  
#123 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 9:21:50 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
@Dirk Flamberge

Oh a top hat! It almost become a cliche, hehehe.

Is that from a manga? What manga is it?

@Tizzy

Tom is quite lucky to have Lenamare as a master because Lenamare is just over confident. Lenamare is overly proud with his skills that he take very little precaution. No planning, no back up plans, no extra measures.
Offline Tizzy  
#124 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 7:58:06 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Yes, and unfortunately, on that front Lenamare is about to get a huge ego boost by having successfully kicked upwards of a thousand demons out of the city along with 3 arch demons with a single spell. It was a very impressive piece of spellmanship and his fellow councilors, and everyone in the city of Freehold will know it, and know it was him and he'll bask in it.

Thinking that won't help him...