The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Iume  
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:49:08 AM(UTC)
Iume

Rank: Greater Demon

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 6/22/2014(UTC)
Posts: 444

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I remember Kylie Chan'n books. The Dark Heavens trilogy was okay, but when it got the second trilogy of Journey to Wudang I think I gave up after it's first book. They became waaaay too long and didn't keep my attention.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:16:34 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Rank: Major Demon

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 1/23/2015(UTC)
Posts: 387

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GameGraphix Go to Quoted Post


Here are some of the Fantasy genre books that I've enjoyed reading and would recommend to other people.....



The Kurtherian Gambit series by Michael Anderle, Ellen Campbell



You know, I'd say Kurtherian Gambit is more Sci-Fi, than Fantasy. Granted, to us it SEEMS like magic, but to the Kurtherians, it's science.


And what the hell is up with Anderle? He's been putting out a book a month for years. Does the man sleep, like, at ALL?

Edited by user Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:18:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:33:54 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Rank: Arch Demon

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 3/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,966

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dirk Flamberge Go to Quoted Post
Amazon says Kylie Chan, and yea i considered it but i'm holding off on Martial arts fantasy at the moment as i burned myself out a few months ago, so maybe another time.


OOPS!

You may need to skip several sections in Volume 4. No reason. Just saying. Might be some monkey business going on.

Offline GameGraphix  
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:40:20 PM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Rank: Fiend

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 7/5/2015(UTC)
Posts: 170

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
And what the hell is up with Anderle? He's been putting out a book a month for years. Does the man sleep, like, at ALL?


He's probably a demon from the Abyss - they don't need to sleep.

Tizzy - you ever heard of a demon named Michaleanderle???


Offline Zeravar  
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:02:08 PM(UTC)
Zeravar

Rank: Sprite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 1/26/2017(UTC)
Posts: 39

Thanks: 1 times


OOPS!

"You may need to skip several sections in Volume 4. No reason. Just saying. Might be some monkey business going on."



Oh? I guess Singkun will be talking in those chapters? Hmm... I wonder if there'll be a new Loki to join Tizzy and Singkun

Edited by user Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:03:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline EyeDeKay  
#26 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 12:15:04 AM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Rank: Fiend

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 7/22/2015(UTC)
Posts: 173

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The Contractor by andrew s. ball - this book is a little weird to classify because it's UF plus aliens with much more advanced technology. The sequel, when ever it comes out, will be in Hell, which us described as the sarcophagus for satan. And that the demon "race" are less advanced space fairing people. When I say less advanced I mean than the antagonist race, The vorid, and the "helper" race the Klide. Much more advanced then humans.

The Demon accords - John conroe. Pure UF and relatively well written. Plot a little eh. Mc becomes severely OP then like halfway through the series gets "amnesia"

Percy Jackson books and the continued works are decent kid books.

Same with victor kloss' Royal institute of magic. Victor died last year from lymphoma.
Offline Tizzy  
#27 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 4:30:44 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Rank: Arch Demon

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 3/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,966

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GameGraphix Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
And what the hell is up with Anderle? He's been putting out a book a month for years. Does the man sleep, like, at ALL?


He's probably a demon from the Abyss - they don't need to sleep.

Tizzy - you ever heard of a demon named Michaleanderle???




Smells like brown sugar and vanilla. Very weird.
Offline Tizzy  
#28 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 4:31:58 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Rank: Arch Demon

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 3/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,966

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zeravar Go to Quoted Post


OOPS!

"You may need to skip several sections in Volume 4. No reason. Just saying. Might be some monkey business going on."



Oh? I guess Singkun will be talking in those chapters? Hmm... I wonder if there'll be a new Loki to join Tizzy and Singkun


I should hope, I miss him so much. Gods (literally) he was fun to hang out with. Man could drink a Saint of Tiernon under the table!

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#29 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 2:11:54 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Rank: Major Demon

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 1/23/2015(UTC)
Posts: 387

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GameGraphix Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
And what the hell is up with Anderle? He's been putting out a book a month for years. Does the man sleep, like, at ALL?


He's probably a demon from the Abyss - they don't need to sleep.

Tizzy - you ever heard of a demon named Michaleanderle???




Smells like brown sugar and vanilla. Very weird.


Aha! Mystery solved!

I looked at The Contractor, but the blurb didn't hook me. I'll check it out. Thank The Slimy One I have Kindle Unlimited. At current book prices, my book budget would equal my food budget...and I have three cube-lets at home!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#30 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 5:32:23 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Rank: Arch Demon

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 3/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,966

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well at least your floors are clean with them sliding around everywhere.

Humans have to attach fluffy dust rags to their offspring to get them to clean the floors as they crawl around, gelatinous cubes have it so much easier.
Offline Zeravar  
#31 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 5:35:59 PM(UTC)
Zeravar

Rank: Sprite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 1/26/2017(UTC)
Posts: 39

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Well at least your floors are clean with them sliding around everywhere.

Humans have to attach fluffy dust rags to their offspring to get them to clean the floors as they crawl around, gelatinous cubes have it so much easier.


True, yet how does one make more gelatinous cubes? Are they split off the original? Is there a Mrs. Gelcube at home? Think
Offline Iume  
#32 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 6:36:48 PM(UTC)
Iume

Rank: Greater Demon

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 6/22/2014(UTC)
Posts: 444

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post

I looked at The Contractor, but the blurb didn't hook me. I'll check it out. Thank The Slimy One I have Kindle Unlimited. At current book prices, my book budget would equal my food budget...and I have three cube-lets at home!


Contractor was a book that was so predictable that I could play Cliché Bingo using it and win before I finished. Not that it was "bad" writing.
Offline EyeDeKay  
#33 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 11:03:11 PM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Rank: Fiend

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 7/22/2015(UTC)
Posts: 173

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Iume Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post

I looked at The Contractor, but the blurb didn't hook me. I'll check it out. Thank The Slimy One I have Kindle Unlimited. At current book prices, my book budget would equal my food budget...and I have three cube-lets at home!


Contractor was a book that was so predictable that I could play Cliché Bingo using it and win before I finished. Not that it was "bad" writing.


Totally agree. To make it sound worse the three races are stealth frogs, space religious fanatics and not demon demons.
Offline Tizzy  
#34 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 11:18:15 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Rank: Arch Demon

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 3/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,966

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Stealth Frogs? Do they sneak up on flies?

Not sure what a not demon demon is, an N'D'Demon?

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#35 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 11:46:27 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Rank: Demon

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 2/1/2015(UTC)
Posts: 201

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Possibly a Faux Demon? or "Oh they aren't Demons!"™
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#36 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2017 3:15:31 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Rank: Major Demon

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 1/23/2015(UTC)
Posts: 387

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zeravar Go to Quoted Post

True, yet how does one make more gelatinous cubes? Are they split off the original? Is there a Mrs. Gelcube at home? Think


Weeelll, we can do it either way. Personally, there is a Mrs. Cube in our dungeon. Let's just say there are Pseudopods involved, and leave it to your imagination. It'll have to be imagination, because not even Googling "Gelatinous Cube Rule 34" gives much of anything.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline EyeDeKay  
#37 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2017 11:50:24 PM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Rank: Fiend

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 7/22/2015(UTC)
Posts: 173

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Stealth Frogs? Do they sneak up on flies?

Not sure what a not demon demon is, an N'D'Demon?



The only member of the Klide (stealth frog) is a tall thin man with a puke colored suite, a frog head, a cane, and a top hat. The only concrete thing we and the mc know about them is that they have a ability to completely disappear from magic sense of any type. They give this power to The Contractors they make. Hence stealth frogs.

I call them not demon demons because they have no relation to each other. They're essential a collection of alien races termed demons. They also don't live in hell and are space fairing.

Edited by user Saturday, January 28, 2017 11:52:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline EyeDeKay  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:12:17 PM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Rank: Fiend

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 7/22/2015(UTC)
Posts: 173

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
From the sci-fi recommendations :
Originally Posted by: GameGraphix Go to Quoted Post


Rachel bach is the same person as Rachel aaron https://mobile.twitter.com/Rache...p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Her first book is good kinda like gentleman's bastard with a charming thief.

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-El...id=1486591695&sr=1-3

Her Urban Fantasy is pretty good as well. About a nice dragon in a family of horrible people.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc...28DC/ref=series_rw_dp_sw

Edited by user Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:15:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#39 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 2:17:44 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Rank: Arch Demon

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 3/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,966

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
What is the dragon a foster dragon? I assume when you say people, you mean non-dragons.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#40 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 2:16:16 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Rank: Major Demon

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Joined: 1/23/2015(UTC)
Posts: 387

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
No, his family are dragons...they just aren't nice (by human standards). The MC is more human-y. Personally, I liked the bloodthirsty back-stabbing dragons in his family.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Users browsing this topic
7 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.