The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 4:02:49 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
LOTR:ROP Inaccuracies, Lies, Deception and a little truth

Well, finally was able to watch Episode 6 of LOTR:ROP last night.

Because of my connection I have to download it and watch if offline. Thankfully, I've been able to upgrade my old AOL Dialup to Abyssal-State-Of-The-Art ISDN, Woo-Hoo! 2x64 kbs channels for a powerful 128 kbs.

So it takes forever to download my low-res copy each week, but, somebody has to fact check these bozos.

First thoughts

Bad
1) Naturally, the entire production is massive load of Elven propaganda and fiction.
2) This is not how things went down, take it from me, as I was there.
3) What's with these seriously ugly ass, generally tiny/wimpy, orcs? Only realistic looking one was the guy that went 'eye-to-eye' with Arondir. He was a real orc.
4) What's with the massive sunburn thing? Orcs do not sunburn easily, less than humans, and certainly not like a vampire.
5) Their military tactics are horrible, they are portrayed as untrained, undisciplined, and ill-equipped. Never seen that horrible of an orc army.

Neutral
1) I grant you the orcs in ME, by this point had been hood-winked/lied to and forced into a cult. So, yes, they were no longer the honorable warriors we know and love, they'd gone dark.
2) This Urak Hai, corrupted elves, father of orcs crap, is just that, it's a load of crap. However, it's a load of crap that Mogroth and Sauron both insisted on force feeding the mortal orcs. It was part of their "cult indoctrination" crap to alienate and subvert the ME orcs. Classic codependeny grooming.

Not wrong/slightly right

1) OK, first, it takes considerably more power that just mixing Water, Earth, Fire and Air to kick start a Doom (you could argue the people watching provided the animus, but that's a stretch). This was a gross simplification of what it takes.
2) However, other than the requirement of a massive mana infusion to start a Doom, it was reasonable. Visually, extremely accurate. Good job on that.
3) More importantly, you can all now see why we are a bit paranoid of just blindly restarting Doomalogues. It can be massively disruptive and dangerous for surrounding flora and fauna.
4) I did like Adar talking about his 'children' as individuals with heart and not just mindless monsters. Actually was rather shocked the elven censors let that stay in.
5) Overall, while still overwhelmingly biased in favor of the elves, they at least show people what arrogant assholes they are and how most every body doesn't like them.

Anyway, those are my initial impressions.

Tizzy
Offline Reptide  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 5:36:02 AM(UTC)
Reptide

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Its pure propaganda and bad one too, not just because it talk bad about orcs its normal but because it so badly writen.

I dont thing Elfs is to blame this time they are also written like thei have brain damage and actors dont even try to make elf unnaturali buetifull like Tolkien describe them. Its look like its written by some mental assylum leftists which didnt even read source material and if you look you can see lots of left ideology stereotips like no really strong man on "good" side only soy bois, lots of "strong" females which dont really make sence, very senceless mix racing in medival style show (before mass imigration come in fascion).

I know you like self torture but some times cringe levels go too hight.
“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Offline Tizzy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 6:01:58 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I can't really judge how close it is to the original story, I refused to read it, because it was obviously a fictionalized version of an event I lived through/had a hand in. Ahem.

I am watching this, solely for the purposes of publicly refuting any outright misrepresentations that may adversely affect my clients, or my own legacy.

Offline Reptide  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 6:55:24 PM(UTC)
Reptide

Amazon have big problem with Rings of Power since they dont have rights on anything, they can only made story in certan age when in lore and they cant use any Tolkien story books like Silmarion which contain story about creating Rings so its pure fanfiction.
Also this amazon propaganda piece is attamp to rebrand LotR in Amazon ownership and recreate it but it will never be out of time like original trilogi since when thei made them thei didnt try to infuse any current politics but this thing is filled with every current thing and will make sence only for few years before go out. For once those leftist activists in wrighting room made as look good by simpli riping thei own lines.

If you want to study real elf propaganda look on original Jackson LotR, its really master piece and completli paint elfs like paragon of good.
“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2022 1:37:54 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I don't know anything about "rights" to stories. That sounds suspiciously like a lawyer thing, and while I have nothing against those creatures myself, a lot of my friends fly into murderous rages when you bring up lawyers, contracts, copyright etc.

Which, of course, is why I like to discuss such things in front of them.

I did eventually manage to get a Betamax Box set of LOTR, shipping was very expensive to TheAbyss and saw it, they left a lot of stuff out, again very one sided, but enjoyable enough as 'fiction' but not as the documentary I'd been hoping for. For one thing, they didn't include me and my contributions. Sheesh.
Offline Guruushika  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2022 12:12:01 PM(UTC)
Guruushika

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What where Orcus and Gandalf discussing in Moria? I mean, the two of them dropping off of the bridge was always rather odd, giving how Orcus could fly, and I am assuming the point was to spur on the 'Heroes', to arrange and discuss various things in a subtle way, and of course to make it less obvious that someone was manipulating things from behind the scenes.

As for your contributions, your character would have reminded everyone of Cheech and Chong (do Middle Earth) or something like that and and they were trying to keep things 'serious', epic fantasy or something like that.

The point about the Orcs being corrupted Elves is probably cribbing off of Samael, after all, 'Demons are just fallen Angels' sounds sort of similar. Plus, let's be honest, if you want to make someone angry, just tell them that their birthright was stolen by another.

I figured that the burning Orcs were just the result of experimentation by a certain Necromancer. After all, undead or quasi-undead are easier for that sort to control than Orcs, even corrupted ones. Plus, if they were trying to create a mixed army, a vaccine like the Visterothi have would have helped stop the undead from uncontrolled infection. You know, not putting your eggs in one basket.
Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2022 9:06:55 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Guruushika Go to Quoted Post

I figured that the burning Orcs were just the result of experimentation by a certain Necromancer. After all, undead or quasi-undead are easier for that sort to control than Orcs, even corrupted ones. Plus, if they were trying to create a mixed army, a vaccine like the Visterothi have would have helped stop the undead from uncontrolled infection. You know, not putting your eggs in one basket.

Applause

I had not thought of that at all! Brick wall But that makes absolute perfect sense!

No doubt at all that the corrupted Elves things was definitely very good mental manipulation of the orcs. Rather brilliant even. But it still annoyed us, or the D'Orcs I guess. I didn't take it that personally.

And yes, if you want to do things behind the scenes, you really can't do it "in scene" so you gotta lay low! The key to manipulating people (of any race) is to not let them think they are being manipulated!