The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rosver  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 7:01:01 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I often use the color wheel for color judging.

Also, 'technical' indigo (used for computers and printing) is more on the violet side than the indigo pigment. As this swatch:

Indigo

I think of this indigo instead of the indigo dye when they talk indigo, though that might be wrong as this world is medieval which doesn't have a unified color system.

More technical minded individual will also list the color of the visible spectrum as:

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Cyan
Blue
Violet
Offline Tizzy  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 4:05:59 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I tend to think of Indigo as somewhere between the two paint palette and the optical palette.

I think the color Talarius meant was something a bit more dark blue than the brilliant Indigo powder...but it's hard to know without having seen what the mirror showed. Pretty confident he is not good with swatches of color etc.

In fact, I'm surprised he was even able to see any colors, from my experience with him, I thought he saw everything in Black and White.
Offline Rosver  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:20:32 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I was thinking that they are darker blue because they are supressing or hiding their mana. The others like the green one are bright because they don't. Can't really say what happened though.

Color blind? Also does the mirror superimpose those dots over a view/background like a photoshop layer or it show it on a blank/black background? Also, why is it called a mirror? Does it reflect? If so, shouldn't they see their own relection then?
Offline Tizzy  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 7:00:03 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well, it's more a statement of his political beliefs and world view rather than an irregularity in his eyesight.

The mirror shows what's on the other side of it, like a lens, but with the auras around demons. It reflects a heightened reality, is what they say, but it's pulling it from the other side of the mirror (so it's not really working like a mirror--but then neither is the mirror on the wall in Disney movies)

So when looking at Rupert, he see's Rupert with a demon aurora. Think of it as using the rear camera on your phone with weird instagram filters highlighting people.

It's a mirror because that's the most common thing they make viewers out of. Long tradition of mirror mirrors on the wall, then hand mirrors as well as scrying bowls, fountains, ponds lake. In book II there are people using 'lenses' but for handheld communication devices, mirrors are their camera phones.

They can and do use some mirrors like facetime. But unlike an iphone, most mirrors are single function devices. E.g. they are a mirror of communication or of demon auras or long distance surveillance.

We will also see a lot more of Crystal Balling. You recall that the Oorstemothians were recording the battle on Crystal Ball.

Offline Rosver  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:11:27 PM(UTC)
Rosver

I know that Tizzy. Color Blind is also a euphemism for people who have black and white morality.

Disney movie mirror's actually acts like a normal mirror, the evil queen needs a chant to activate its magic. Tallarius' mirror seems to be always activated.

Also, did you know that there is an old superstition that the reflection you see in the mirror is your soul? That is why it is said to be bad luck to break a mirror, because you are hurting your soul.
Offline The Author Guy  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:23:02 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Hi,

In the case of the telecom mirrors, there is a chant that has to be done, you need to know the phone number/have a link to the person. For a non-wizard to use a facetime mirror, the links would have to be preset (like a speed dial) using Wizard Links. A wizard can attach the mirror to anyone that they have a link to already, or whom they know very very well.

Talarius mirror is on all the time. And yes, that in fact is the basis of what makes his mirror work. It shows the aurora of the person on the other side of it.

The telephone mirrors have a gem/lens on the front of the mirror to take the image of the person holding/looking at the mirror. Talarius' mirror has the gem on the back side (rear camera).

I should also point out that what Talarius does with the mirror is what he knows it does. It is not impossible that the mirror might do other things, see other related things but this is what we know Talarius can do with.

One would suspect it capable of seeing ghosts, revealing undead and similar soul related things. However, "we" only know what Talarius used it for. We don't know if he knew how to see other things with it, since it didn't come up. However, given his line of work, it's not inconceivable that it might have other uses and that he might know how to use it that way.

We won't learn in Book II however, as the mirror is with the Rod, and Talarius isn't. And BTW, his sword and horse are really getting freaked by his absence.

Offline Rosver  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:49:31 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Well, the mirror might be a very old device that many of its function is forgoten.

Knight's horses are often trained to respond only to its owner/rider. The others would have problem with it. They had to get ready to get kicked and bitten.
Offline The Author Guy  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2015 1:10:13 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Exactly, and remember it's a flying horse, so maybe above average intelligence.

Ruidan, the sword is also intelligent, sentient and ticked off.