The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Author Guy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 9:33:48 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Hi,

I have signed with Tantor Media for the audio books for Volume I and II. Volume III and later, with Tantor, depend on how good the sales of I and II are.

Tantor is an imprinted of Recorded Books, the largest independent audio book publisher. To get an idea of who/what all they publish visit the site link above and select categories and then whatever genre, e.g. Fantasy or Science Fiction you want.

One of their biggest Fantasy authors is L.E. Modesit Jr. Most all of his books appear to be with them. They also have Harry Turtledove as well as many other well known and independent authors.

The books will be available on Audible/Amazon and iTunes and several other channels, it will be more broadly available than if I had just done it through Audible alone.

The narrator for Volume I is Stephen Bel Davies the link takes you to some of his Audible samples. We had a good call today and went over the pronunciation of various names and what characters should be like/sound like. Really pronouncing some of this is rather complicated, and it only gets worse as the books go on.

He hopes to have production of book 1 done by the end of the month, then some unknown magical post production time at Tantor and then a release....
He hasn't gotten book 2 from them yet, so not sure how that will be scheduled.

I have created a new audio book Forum for discussions.

T-A-G

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:07:58 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You know, I'm not a big fan of audio books, generally. I'm visually focused, so I tend to tune out sounds if I'm concentrating. It usually means I have to go back and re-listen to things if I'm doing anything but listening.

But after hearing some of his audio samples, I'm going to have to get Book 1 just to check it out. It's going to be good, no doubt about it.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:47:42 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Cool!

T-A-G is the same way, however, this whispersync read and listen at the same time sounds sort of interesting...
Offline EyeDeKay  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 4:10:14 AM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Excited to hear him pronounce the dwarves long names lol.
Offline The Author Guy  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 4:59:01 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Yeah, we specifically went over that one! Laugh

If I decide to go the dark side, I might write a scene where Wylan and Fiernon (the two agents of Oorstemoth in book 1) have a discussion about serving warrants in the Mogradin Association against the Modgriensofarthgonosefren.

Actually, just explaining the proper way to say Oorstemoth is also surprisingly tricky.