The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
12 Pages«<89101112>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#181 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2023 12:40:12 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Sus as hell?

Seriously Ultimately Sexy as hell?

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#182 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 11:37:02 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Sus as hell?

Seriously Ultimately Sexy as hell?

...Sure...let's go with that.

...Yeah, that's what it means, Tizzy.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#183 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2023 8:07:02 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Excellent!

I was fairly certain that was what you meant, because what else could it mean?

Tizzy
Offline Lodrik  
#184 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 12:40:58 PM(UTC)
Lodrik

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

We still happily look forward to the next book ^^
(I dont want you to work yourself to the bone or publish something you are dissatisfied with, get a holiday!)
Offline The Author Guy  
#185 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2023 12:01:25 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
That would be nice, but the problem with holidays is that my day job pays by the hour (I am a self-employed consultant who charges by the hour) so every trip I take means fewer hours.

I had hoped to get time this spring/summer to get serious writing done, but I realized this winter that my kitchen is quickly getting to an unsustainable state so I am going to have to repair it and that takes money, meaning more hours of work along with trying to figure out where to put stuff in my amazingly small place so I can rip out cabinets and tear up the entire kitchen floor. So that means massive house cleaning and throwing stuff out.

I swear Lilith is out there trying to sabotage me and my writing!
Offline Lunarmage  
#186 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2023 3:20:02 PM(UTC)
Lunarmage

Here we are in the 7th month of the year on this planet we boringly call Earth (why don't we call it dirt?) I mean even Terra is a slightly better name. I just finished my 4th or 5th listen through of all the books (including Oak Orks of the Antilles). Still so many questions, still eagerly awaiting the next book. Author Guy, how goes the repairs of the kitchen?
Offline The Author Guy  
#187 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2023 9:21:10 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Kitchen has been moving very slow due to free time getting sucked up by family member health issues the last 8 weeks, and related lack of sleep.

However, trying to write around all of it as I can. It's just extremely slow when I can't get a good long block of hours to concentrate.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#188 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 12:35:48 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
Kitchen has been moving very slow due to free time getting sucked up by family member health issues the last 8 weeks, and related lack of sleep.

However, trying to write around all of it as I can. It's just extremely slow when I can't get a good long block of hours to concentrate.

Hey, still not as slow as E. William Brown. LOL

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Reptide  
#189 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2023 4:52:18 PM(UTC)
Reptide

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Dungeon Roomba Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post

Hey, still not as slow as E. William Brown. LOL

Thats Patreon effect.
As long as author have ennogh patrons he can release one chapter per month and get ennogh money.
“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#190 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2023 2:02:37 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Originally Posted by: Reptide Go to Quoted Post

Thats Patreon effect.
As long as author have ennogh patrons he can release one chapter per month and get ennogh money.

True. But at least people know he's writing. Used to, if a writer was taking too long, people started stalking them and trying to find out progress by looking in windows. And that's just creepy. I mean, who do they think they are, Tizzy?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Lunarmage  
#191 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2023 2:59:28 PM(UTC)
Lunarmage

I know a few of us here have suggested a Patreon, but TAG has turned it down..
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#192 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2023 3:02:37 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

BTW, Tizzy, things are getting a little busy this month and next, so I'll only be able to man the TAG window-watching rotation on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Lodrik  
#193 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2023 11:10:07 PM(UTC)
Lodrik

Patreon is a shitty idea and I already wrote the reasons why (and its still better then RoyalRoad)... Life happens and once TAG gets some time he is going to give us the book we desperately wait for!
Offline Tizzy  
#194 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2023 10:26:22 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Dungeon Roomba Go to Quoted Post
BTW, Tizzy, things are getting a little busy this month and next, so I'll only be able to man the TAG window-watching rotation on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

That works for me, my peach eating friend is back and also able to take shifts. At least when he's not busy smacking--I mean teaching--Tom, Boggy, Antefalken and Estrebrius

Thanks

Tizzy
Offline Tizzy  
#195 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2023 10:27:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Do they allow offering the Souls of the Damned as Patreon rewards?

Just curious....

Tizzy
Offline Lunarmage  
#196 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2023 4:43:36 AM(UTC)
Lunarmage

Just curious....

Tizzy

Given that Liquid Death had a contract to sell your soul for a case of water in a can, I am sure that between you and T-A-G, you could figure something out.
Offline Tizzy  
#197 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 4:26:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Lunarmage Go to Quoted Post

Just curious....

Tizzy

Given that Liquid Death had a contract to sell your soul for a case of water in a can, I am sure that between you and T-A-G, you could figure something out.

Well, T-A-G isn't involved in this one, he's kind of squeamish about that sort of thing. (selling souls more so than patreon)

So this is to help fund Boggy's and my entrepreneurial endeavors....not the next book. We wanted to just sell them on ebay, but apparently selling people, technically, former people (eternally damned former people) is against their policies, so that's why I am trying to learn if I can "give" the damned as a token of my appreciation for donations.

Tizzy
Offline Mikey  
#198 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2023 8:24:21 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
You can't sell people! They go bad in mail. Soul crystals, however, are shelf-stable.
Offline Lodrik  
#199 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2023 6:44:12 PM(UTC)
Lodrik

You dont have souls in soul crystals, the soul binding sells the soul to beings from another plain and they give you the energy in the soul crystal in return (Elder Scrolls Edition).
Enterprising Necromancers use Animus Jars to preserve Animus for future use (at least the Storm Lords did)!
Offline Tizzy  
#200 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2023 7:33:37 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

We certainly can sell them, but you are right they need to be properly packaged so they don't spoil or dissolve after leaving the Abyss, or the Outer Planes.

Anima Jars are the most popular.

The interesting thing here is that Astlan uses Anima "Jars" for Souls and Mana Pools are typically thought of as gems.

But in reality, crystals work great for anima jars, typically an anima jar isn't really a jar, souls aren't jelly after all (unless you are a gelatinous cube, of course).

So despite the name, Anima Jars really are soul crystals. And mana pools often are, but don't have to be. Which can make certain magical items (mostly weapons) interesting because they can have both anima jars and mana pools.

What we don't have is any of those intelligent dungeon things. Or at least I don't know how to build one out of an anima jar. But, I'm not a wizard so....

I would think an intelligent dungeon would need to have a lot of mana pools, plus crystals with monsters in it? Or how do they 'spawn' new monsters from scratch?

Oops--apologies for the pejorative term--monster--dungeon defender I think is the correct term.