The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
9 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maou  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:29:40 AM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Put using a mortal would be the best way for you to get a mini-Tizzy to mold in your own twisted image. A demoness would have control of any pure child, but you could easily over power a mortal mother for your demonic offspring's nurturing. You could also lie through your teeth and make it seem like their mother wanted to kill/abandon them, which could be true, always good to have an heir. They can be consumed with vengeance upon your death. It's what all parents want. A child consumed with hatred against their parents killer, whom they will pursue with the entirety of their being.
Offline Tizzy  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:38:53 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
And why do you think I don't have any mini-Tizzies?

Whistle
Offline Maou  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:48:57 AM(UTC)
Maou

You annoy most if not all female demons and human women are fragile.
Offline Tizzy  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:56:22 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I'm not annoying!

I am lovable and friendly and kind hearted!

Plus, I can provide twice the fun!
Offline Rosver  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:30:57 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Now what started here!

@Maou:

Women seeing his bi-pennis sure would lost interest. They don't have bi-vagina you know. What would they do with the other one?

@Tizzy:

You make a poor liar. Having only Boggy and Antefalken as friends in centuries doesn't really make you seem like the lovable and friendly type. Not to mention, other demons have the opposite view about you.
Offline Maou  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:13:26 PM(UTC)
Maou

Women have more than one hole, but let's not dwell on that thought. Besides, Tizzy is great with demonic children, whom admittedly in short supply, but they probably make up at least 1-2 percent of the demonic population at any given time. Also, I know god's protect the soul's of their followers, but why don't demons ever drag humans to the abyss and force them to endure the binding ritual so that they will become level one demons? No protection and it seems like something fun to do.
Offline Tizzy  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:35:16 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well

I am very lovable and Maou has spent too much time on the Internets...

And one of these days Bess will realize she's in love with me.

She's just playing hard to get.

Also, remember, Gastrope', Jenn, Maelen, Edwyrd and Rupert all swore they were my friends! Remember? They can't go back on that!!!!!

There aren't many demon wizards, and you can't just drag a human physically to the abyss, you have to discorporate them, keep their animus around and cast all the spells to make a new body.

Exador would be the only person I know capable of this...and why bother, there are already more demons than we know what to do with.

of course, maybe he did that...he did somehow come up with a 1000 demons to stick inside the Council Palace.

And he managed that while living in Astlan for the last thousand plus years...

Hmm....curious....

Offline Korwin  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:05:19 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Maou Go to Quoted Post
Also, I know god's protect the soul's of their followers, but why don't demons ever drag humans to the abyss and force them to endure the binding ritual so that they will become level one demons? No protection and it seems like something fun to do.

There might actually be an top secret project in the Abbys who does that... who would know?
We do know there are places where humans are able to live (and that most are tortured there)
The problem from the point of view of demons is, you dont want to create an to powerful Demon. He might be more powerful than you...

Edited by user Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:06:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:52:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Very very important!!!!!

We don't like competition.

we do however like minions, sycophants, peons, slaves and general grovelers....

Offline Maou  
#50 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:11:40 AM(UTC)
Maou

A demon is formed by what the summoner and the summoned think they should look like. If the summoner wanted to increase the varieties of demon, so that their would be demons that would appear less traditional perhaps, it would allow for more infiltration. Their are probably many people who are uncertain of the next life who might jump at the opportunity to have a new life if they had died or simply in a coma where they can't reconnect with their body.

Also why do the Astlanians assume that the demons looked as they did on other planes and not question what could have naturally made something like a demon. Also since demons have mana bodies could they modify them by permanently incorporating other elements to make their bodies more dense, and capable of sustaining itself with less mana for easier infiltration of low mana realities as the current method is either through wet dreams, or through artificial bodies that are constructed that possesed. or through a naturally formed possesed body that may or may not still have a preexisting conscience within.
Offline Tizzy  
#51 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:31:58 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well...remember the wizards don't "know" that's what they are doing. There is some sort of clue or joint dynamic between summoner and summonee regarding appearance...I don't pretend to understand it.

As far as reshaping, remember most demons can't shapeshift, at least not for very long/permanently. Not all Greater Demons can do it. I doubt any Major demons can at all. So really only ArchDemons and Demon Princes can and do reliably shape shift.

And trust me, they do. However, for reasons explained elsewhere, most don't have more than a few base forms. You really have to practice them/use them to be able to maintain the different forms under duress and without expending excess mana and concentration.

consider this: the demon's first form is their "lowest energy state" it doesn't take any work to maintain it, it's a default state. All other states require more energy to maintain. The more you use the other form, the less energy it takes to maintain it, but you really only so much time in a day...

So again, the older the demon, the more forms they are likely to have, I suspect some of the demon princes probably can shift rapidly and in combat, if they choose, but if they can, the only way you'd know about is if they did in the process of killing you...because I'd guess they'd also kill anyone who saw them materializing chainsaws on the ends of their arms....

Offline Korwin  
#52 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:37:06 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rosver Go to Quoted Post
I read somewhere here that people's connection to their Gods are broken when they are in the Abyss.

Totally missed this. Are the connections broken permanently?
If T. manages to get back to Astlan, will he be able to call on his god again?
Or does he need to be reconnected?

Offline Maou  
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:39:03 PM(UTC)
Maou

Well as opposed to saying the connection is broken it would be better to say the Abyss blocks the connection. The reason, as it was told to me, humans hate the Abyss other than the demons, landscape, and the fact that it is hell, is because any human that dies in the Abyss does not move on to their original afterlife. They just seem to disappear. So it would be better to say the Abyss is a pit from which no soul can escape without aid from a body. The place is freaky and their is something up with it.
Offline Tizzy  
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:41:34 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I would agree with Maou, that's how it seems to work.

The place is very weird. Unfortunately, one of the best experts on it is Vice Chancellor Dante of Oorstemoth.

However, being Oorstemothian, he's hard to interview since pretty much everything he knows is Extra Super Special Fundamentally Trans Top Secret.

He will be joining us in Book 2 as an FYI.

Offline Maou  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 6:29:23 PM(UTC)
Maou

Do the Oorstemothians have proper forms for coups? Also could you never go into great detail about their legal system. It would take far to long. It would get worse if one had to learn under what conditions one could outrank another. They have great memories over their.
Offline Tizzy  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:28:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Oh, I am very positive you have to fill out a LOT of forms in order to have a coupe, and call me paranoid, but I suspect it's very hard to get all the paperwork done in order to mount an actually successful coupe.

I'm betting you'd think you'd fill out the forms then have the uprising, kill the current leaders and then...when it's all done, discover that the paperwork was wrong, you were missing some approvals, probably the approval of someone you just killed.

So then you'd have to find a priest or necromancer and start resurrecting people to unwind the coupe, refill out the paperwork along with paperwork documented the failure of the first coupe, if you got that done, and you could get the approval of the officials you need to kill, so you could kill them, you could then start over.

However, my bet is that you'd then find some new flaw and have to re-unwind the second coupe, and what is the rule about time between failed coupe attempts? You need to make sure you abide by any legally valid "cooling off periods" etc.

Really, not sure it would be worth the effort.
Offline Maou  
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 6:26:00 AM(UTC)
Maou

So is their a state more anarchic than the abyss that seems to function, but that seems to be on the exact opposite end of the governmental spectrum from Oorstemoth and is still recognized as a state. I know this is highly unlikely, but does a place of greater anarchy than the abyss exist.

Quite frankly the abyss is quite organized and most fights are small scale or political as the demons seem to not fight directly as those who chose to do so have likely been weeded out by natural selection, unless they were really strong. Immortal hard to kill enemies who can pester you for eternity are very annoying and dangerous. Again this leads to demons trying to destroy each others connections, credibility, and assets. Tom is severely lacking in all of these and is thus a wild card.

I seem to have been sidetracked. Let's get some more life and discussions about different interpretations and answers to what I have stated above.
Offline Tizzy  
#58 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 10:26:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I suppose it depends on what you mean by anarchic.

Oorstemoth provides a fairly plebian/democractic sort of hell. Meaning, the crap you have to put up with is pretty similar regardless of your social rank, class, wealth, power. The bureaucracy effects everyone one fairly evenly.

In the Abyss, I wouldn't call things that stable. There are a lot of stalemates though. Lots of Mutual Assured Destruction. Paranoia, and the strong really take the vast majority of the cake, so to speak. It sucks to not be powerful in the Abyss.

However, to be powerful requires constant vigilance and paranoia because there is always someone out there waiting to take you out if you slip up even a hair. So I guess that's not truly paranoia...

One of the reasons Boggy and I recommend newbies hang out in caves is so they can get their bearings before being thrust into full demon on demon politics and machinations. Personally, I have no patience for the crazy games these demons in the courts play.

Offline Maou  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:17:35 AM(UTC)
Maou

Tom came from a mid-tech variation of Earth, so some high tech iterations, which met the progenitors of the dragons must have tech beyond are own. And if so should it not be in the Abyss somewhere, perhaps the boom gate is an example of this tech.

Does that mean that they perhaps posses quantum computers, interactive holographic projections, virtual reality games, spacecraft capable of exceeding the speed of light, massive wifi hotspots, A.I's, or anything else that might indicate that the demons posses the technology to travel the stars as some of them in their previous mortal human form?
Offline Tizzy  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:00:07 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yep...see my long long discussion with Rosver on crap that shows up in the Abyss.

Problem is the demons, being SLOTHful, steal this stuff, and try and get it to work by twine and bandaids and sort of use it up/go through it pretty fast.

They don't really create much (most of them) so everything is jerry-rigged.