The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
6 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:02:20 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
And yes, Rupert is not bound since no one knew he was a demon.

His father would most likely have given him his true name. I doubt he knows it, but not sure, never asked, that's a rather sensitive subject as you might imagine.
Offline Korwin  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:40:33 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Maou Go to Quoted Post
Rupert is what I assume is an unbound demon as he lacks that black thing in his chest. The book didn't go into much detail, and from what I know it is unlikely Rupert's true name is his given name, and it is unlikely a god gave him a true name. All the other demons had the black thing in their chest and all demons with a wizard they were bound to had a link to the wizard as an extension of this black thing. You can view the bar scene with Tom, Rupert, and Boggy for clarification of the event of which I speak.

I would guess unbound and not bound are not the same thing in this case.

Unbound = not an Demon(body). Only an soul out of its body
not bound = currently (or never) has had an (wizard)master.
Offline Tizzy  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:33:40 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yeah, that's very sloppy terminology, but is quite common among demons, and wizards for that matter.

Technically, bound means you have a binding link to an Accursed Master.

Boggy was a bound demon, his AM screwed up and he's now unbound.

Demons can have multiple masters, anyone who knows your name can bind you. In conflict the stronger binding spell usually wins, caveated to the strength of the AMs.

The very first time you are bound you are incarnated, and they almost always bind you at the same time.

Lenamare mentions this and glosses over it. He was trying to summon a previously bound demon. One that had been bound/incarnated but wasn't currently bound to him (or least I think that's what he said)

He was surprised to find a new completely unbound/never bound demon.

So technically there are three states

Never been bound (unbound/un-incarnated)
Not currently bound, but previously bound (unbound/currently unbound)
Bound to one or more AM's. (bound)

I suppose in theory, you could have Never Been Bound Demon who has been incarnated, just not familiar with that happeing.

But in theory, a wizard could conjure and summon a previously never before bound demon, incarnate them and let them go.

Although, thinking on it, I don't think that would work with the current spells they use. I am pretty sure all the incarnate spells have implied bindings in them, because why else would you do this?

So perhaps an Animage Summoner might be able to do this. Or a Demon Prince....

Offline Korwin  
#44 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:07:45 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post

I suppose in theory, you could have Never Been Bound Demon who has been incarnated, just not familiar with that happeing.

Pretty shure this will happen, as soon as Wizards know the Origin of unbound Demons and try to become Demon Princes themselves...

Offline Tizzy  
#45 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:12:43 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Oh dear god...

Understand I don't ever use that term lightly....

It's for this very reason we don't tell them the truth!

I am sure someone like Tom with all his silly ideals of demon rights might want to tell the truth to the wizards, but we demons have purposefully stayed silent for just sort of reason. Plus, they really wouldn't believe us, and any that did, would probably figure out exactly how to do this and then become the overlord demon of the demon that told him/her.
Offline Korwin  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:56:25 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Originally Posted by: Korwin Go to Quoted Post

Pretty shure this will happen, as soon as Wizards know the Origin of unbound Demons and try to become Demon Princes themselves...

It's for this very reason we don't tell them the truth!
Are there Necromancers who also conjure demons, or vice versa?

How similiar are the spells to first bind an demon and the one where you become an lich?
Would an Conjurer and Necromancer be able to see an similarity (if there is one)?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:57:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:36:57 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I don't think you'd find a demon summoning a necromancer very often.

Necromancy is a bastardization of a lot of other forms of magic. But in particular they do have to know summoning/conjuring spells to call the dead back from beyond. All the summoning and conjuring stuff is related, whether you are summoning the dead, a demon, a djinn or bunnies from the forest.

So, pretty sure there are necromancers who can summon demons. Almost positive.

And...well, on this other plane, there was that one Necromancer (who used to be here) that was playing around with a Balrog...but that was in a cavern and I'm not sure it was the Necromancer that put the Balrog in the cavern to try and stop the old wizard.

It did scare the wizard pretty bad, turned his hair from grey to white. And his clothes too. Now that's what I call a scary demon!

Offline Rosver  
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:18:54 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Are we going to meet a necromancer in the second book?
Offline Tizzy  
#49 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:48:12 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I don't think so...at least not as a major character.

The author has another book he's working on (still early) that happens on another plane with very similar magic rules.
Necromancers are running around in that book, all over the place.
Offline Rosver  
#50 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 3:58:41 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

so Tizzy. This story probably is the author's original invention and not dictated by you?
Offline Tizzy  
#51 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 4:29:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

You shouldn't listen to his lies.

No the story is being dictated by me.

It just isn't over yet. I'm currently writing to you in book 3. I'm just not sure I'm going to tell the author the backstory on the necromancer to include in book 2.

So: spoiler alert: I live until book 3!

Actually, I plan to live through all the books! and then on for the rest of eternity.

Offline Rosver  
#52 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 7:30:32 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Long live Tizzy!

Well, looking forward to book three... if it is ever getting published. By I pray with all my might that it would be... do wish it would be published quicker.
Offline Tizzy  
#53 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 7:23:20 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, if it helps, The Author Guy promises the next book will be out before George RR Martin releases his next book!

Offline Rosver  
#54 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 10:29:38 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Now you are just being mean.
Offline Tizzy  
#55 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 10:50:47 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Dancing

Just doing my job, I'm a demon remember?
Offline Maou  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:07:54 PM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I know that all the wizards got together and linked their powers to drive the demons out, but couldn't demons do the same thing to humans on a large scale as well. They naturally generate a fear spell so forcing large numbers to flee in terror wouldn't be to hard. I know in most fantasy settings humans are immune to many things of a magical nature, but shouldn't they be more vulnerable due to their lack fo any natural resistance. If a human can do something to a demon, then it makes sense that demons would have devised a more cruel way to utilize it on a human.
Offline Tizzy  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:09:55 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well to get the affect you want, demons really don't have to do anything more than march together.

Nothing like a Demon Horde, or a Demon Army to send people screaming.

However, remember, brute force only works in certain controlled circumstances....if there are "good clerics" around a demon horde then an avatar host is likely to show up and things can get nasty.

Offline Rosver  
#58 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:06:08 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Maou, I can't really see demons having that very high amount of cooperation but the possibilities of that tactic is really astounding. I just doubt it would ever happen. Magic using demons are high level demons (level 4 +) and they just don't seem to be creatures who would share their mana with others. Even partnership like Ramses, Exador and Bess have are rare and as we see isn't very stable with them thinking about getting rid of the other all the time.

No, the possibility of demons sharing mana is just too remote.
Offline Tizzy  
#59 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 2:15:39 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yep.

That's one place the gods have a big advantage. God's in a pantheon pool their resources to make really cool mountains/mountain top palaces, etc. And they share mana with their avatars and priests.
Offline Rosver  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:40:33 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Still, did any demons tried it though? I also wonder if Tom would try doing it as he seems to be very interested in it lately. He doesn't seem to be like other demons in this things.