The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
14 Pages«<678910>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline scweeb  
#141 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 12:42:14 AM(UTC)
scweeb

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Unverified Users

I would also like to be put on the beta list. I have a long flight coming up and i am needing something good to read on the flight.

Offline Flakes  
#142 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 12:51:12 AM(UTC)
Flakes

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Something different happened to Lilith's demon army? I bought the e-book on Amazon but never bothered to read it since I'd read the beta so many times. Hmmmm... I guess I know what my reading tonight will be.
Offline The Author Guy  
#143 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 2:58:18 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Hmm, well the final beta release should have pretty much been what got to e-book sans editor.

However, there were a number of recuts toward the end.

In the final book version, the last we see of her army is Bellyachus' head going up his butt and everyone complaining about the cold. Although, I am sure Bellyachus' ears are pretty warm.
Offline JMX  
#144 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 9:25:15 AM(UTC)
JMX

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Good times
Offline Ben  
#145 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:42:17 AM(UTC)
Ben

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm very concerned about Tizzy he hasn't posted in a couple of weeks! He could have enslaved by a new accursed master. He could just be up to no good. Who knows???

Hopefully he's been helping TAG finish book 3!
Offline Tizzy  
#146 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 3:07:50 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I rambled and speculated 4 days ago, no one rambled or speculated back.

Maybe you forgot to check follow by email on that forum.

Although I do find you concern not only touching and heartwarming, but quite coincidental because upon my recent return to Doom after taking care of a pest in my garden, Tom too told me that he missed me and had been worried because he couldn't contact me.

Twice in so many days. Sniffle. It feels so good to be missed. Dancing
Offline Nok'umbri  
#147 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 8:29:17 PM(UTC)
Nok'umbri

I would also like to be added to the list of Beta Demons.
Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
I've also thought about starting the Beta before I reach the end, although I rejected that since I can't guarantee that I can write faster then Beta Demons can read...I know when Book 2 was published last year there were people who had it done in like 8 hours...

I can say personally that is all too true, as the more I enjoy a book, the faster I read. It gets annoying when the book series is short. Thankfully, that is certainly not the case here.

P.S. Why is the character limit on posts such an exact number, 32,767?
Sabaton, Erock, Dragonforce, Dream Evil, Powerwolf, PelleK, Gloryhammer, Hammerfall, Falconer, Van Canto, Stratovarius, Týr, Alestorm, Korpiklaani, Kamelot, Dark Moor, Battle Beast, Nightwish, Rhapsody of Fire, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia.
Offline Tizzy  
#148 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:29:16 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, I think that would be pretty obvious! Dancing

It is the product of three absolutely critical prime numbers, 7 * 31 * 151

Sheesh! Must I explain everything? Brick wall

Everyone knows that everything in the multiiverse can be explained by sufficiently complex Numerology!

Do not believe any of those lunatics that try to tell you that:

2^16 = 65,536 and that if you have 2 byte characters (Unicode to include most all Earth characters) you can only have 32,768 characters, one of which is the null string terminator leaving 32,767 usable characters.

That is complete and utter hokum made up by revisionist tech historians trying to explain something they clearly do not understand.

Edited by user Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:29:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Grant  
#149 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 9:33:29 AM(UTC)
Grant

How soon i need the beta now lolPray
Offline Tizzy  
#150 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 2:46:20 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I am whipping T-A-G as fast I can but he keeps whining about money money money and wanting to eat, and have a "constructed" roof over his head (with walls even) and having to pay for Internet.

Pay for Internet? That's just something in your head. Why would you have to pay for it? I don't pay for it! Plus I love that freaky noise as I'm connecting to AOL.

I also love it when they tell me I've got male. Now truth be told, I'd probably rather have female, but company is company on a cold and stormy night. Any port in a storm and such.

I've told him to stop the eating thing, he's got enough reserves for a winter or two, and I have pointed out several very nice caves he could live in, but no, he's just whiny whiny whiny.
Offline Ben  
#151 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 3:20:37 PM(UTC)
Ben

Glad to see you're alive and well Tizzy. I was quite worried Lillith may have gotten to you - but of course Tommus would resque you!

Honestly! What is that TAG like! Hopefully beta-demonization will occur by the end of July
Offline Tizzy  
#152 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 7:06:20 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Tell me about it!

Going past July is bad. Bare minimum of 1 month for Beta, last time it ended up being more like 3. However, I don't think that circumstance will repeat this time. It does not have "Book 2" challenges, being Book 3. Probably need at least 2 months for Editor & formatting, would squeeze an Oct 1 release, 1 yr anniversary. However, that seems very optimistic. In particular since there is no way to know Editor's schedule given there is no fixed time for Beta to end....

Offline Racue  
#153 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:47:27 AM(UTC)
Racue

Tizzy my friend it sounds like you need to add abit of hellfire motivation to the whipping of TAG if regular whipping isn't working anymore. Nothing like a little hellfire to put a bit of pep in a relacatrant persons step.
Offline Tizzy  
#154 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:22:19 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Ooh, hellfire!

That sounds so nice. I am going to put that in the suggestion box at the Doom Spa. Maybe a nice hellfire shower followed by dip in the alkali pool.

That would be a great addition to the place!
Offline Iume  
#155 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:29:36 PM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
TAG, what's the good word on beta? Hoping for the beginning of August, mid, end? Or is real life rearing it's ugly head again?
Offline The Author Guy  
#156 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:23:30 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I was hoping to have first pass, first draft done this week...but I'm getting bogged down (No, No, Boggy is not the problem, trust me)

I know exactly what to write, and there is a huge chunk of it to write, but it's all very exciting stuff, but I just need to get several huge blocks of uninterrupted time to finish it....

To be fair, it is a LOT of words that have to be written, but I know exactly what they are and what needs to be said, and that's the stuff that goes by fast, like 10,000 words per day fast.

That won't happen this week, I fear. Hoping mid August. At that point I will open the Beta program up (it has been created) while doing a Second Pass of the book. This is a full edit read, just for clarity and to catch obvious mistakes. And then I release to beta.

If time runs short, I may release to beta without the Second Pass and do that during beta and incorporate feedback while doing the second pass.

Offline The Author Guy  
#157 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 6:47:30 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Also, assuming this schedule holds, I intend to resume work on Chronicles of Astlan, Into the Wilds during editing, over the holidays and January.

I will also be writing on Book 4 immediately after beta but will prioritize CoW:ITA

My hope would be to beta that in the spring, for a May/June release, July at the latest.

That would mean that Book 4 is looking at 12/1/17 as the earliest, possibly 1/1/18 or 2/1/18.

I am sort of thinking DoA should wrap up in 6 Books (plus Chronicles and other spin offs)

However, 7 volumes would be nice as that's a prime number and is numerologically more satisfying. It's also a very odd length for a series...but then DoA is not a series, it's a single book.

Offline Puck  
#158 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 5:53:01 AM(UTC)
Puck

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Looking good then!
Offline Grant  
#159 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:02:21 PM(UTC)
Grant

Is it ready yet am willing to bribe TAG to get it out sooner I have younger siblings that I can offer as slave Labour they are great at destruction and general harassment they have a few different names but you can refer to them as the four horse men hmmm maybe this is not a bribe more of a hurry up before they come visit you incentive I'm sure Tizzy had met them before they have mentioned him in the past claiming that he cheats at cards I'm sure Tizzy is far to honest for that even though he has been keeping little things back from tom.....
Offline Tizzy  
#160 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:30:08 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Cheats at cards?

CHEATS AT CARDS!!!!!!!

CHEATS AT CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

You do know that cards are an essential way of life for bored demons? Those of us relegated to the "background" against our will spend a lot of time playing cards while Tom runs around playing with his djinni, Talarius and various personages of godlike nature.

So cheating at cards is one of the most insulting things you can say to a demon!!!!!

Although I did have to spend some time gardening recently. Rooting out varmints trying to abscond with the fruits of your herb garden is very time consuming work.

T-A-G is trying to get the first draft done before he heads on a short vacation on the 19th. It's a steep climb. However, one way or the other it needs/must/will be ready for beta at the end of the month. Even if he is typing on vacation.