The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<34567>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maou  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:32:18 PM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

How big do humanoid demons get in the higher levels?
Offline Tizzy  
#82 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:18:35 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Oddly enough Bigger isn't always badder.

A lot of the physically largest demons are III's and IV's. I sort of think of it as maxing out physical prowess before magical prowess starts to increase.

Now, maybe Arch demons and Princes are really super huge and burly, but they typically don't go around like that as it's hard to get through doors, cave entrances, sit on furniture, etc. when you are 60 feet tall or taller.

So they, I assume, take on smaller forms.

Offline Rosver  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 6:51:45 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
@Tizzy:

It sounds all slapdash to me. And I really cringed about the interior decoration.

And haven't any of them broke down because of wear and heat? Many things aren't really designed to be seated by scaly, thorny and horny beings. It is a lot like a cat using your curtains as a scratch post. The curtains won't survive. Those metal chairs probably create scratchy noises when you sit on them.
Offline Tizzy  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:03:30 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yes, a demon can make a pretty good living as an upholsterer in the Abyss.

Of course, if you've ever tried to sit on the fiberglass pink insulation you'll find that it gives wear and tear just as much as it takes.

Now to be fair, this is what I do for furniture. A lot of demons do have just pure metal furniture. For one thing metal working is pretty common in the abyss. We have plenty of heat sources for smithies.

Offline Rosver  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:06:03 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well. demim isn't that rough-demon-back-and-butt proof especially when those butts can take a sword strike without getting scratched... are your butts harder than diamonds? I even think that when you sit on a solid diamond chair, it would get scratched. Well, that makes demon hide a potentially useful substance!
Offline Tizzy  
#86 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:34:44 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

I really don't like where this thread is going.

I didn't like it from the start, given it's name....this is adding to my misgivings...

So much for the fuzzy wuzzy feelings I was feeling a few minutes ago...
Offline Rosver  
#87 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:09:05 AM(UTC)
Rosver

LOL!!!

Well, very hard substances are very important in industrial applications. Polishing, drilling, cutting, grinding, etc. A patch of demon hide would protect you better from bullets than Kevlar, not to mention lighter too! The industrial and military application of the demon hide is astounding! Imagine the possibilities! If humans could unlock the secrets of demon hides, it would be a revolution!

LOL! I can be creepy if I want too. Well, it is kinda strange that the topic change from interior decoration to skinning demons. Discussions move in mysterious ways. At least it is still related to killing demons which these is all about.

Joking aside. I think there was these coaches that is pulled by some sort of creature in the Abyss. Are there other living things there aside from demons there? Or are these creatures demons themselves that are just bound in servitude. And there was a mention of excrement. Do demons poop?

Edited by user Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:12:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Korwin  
#88 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:38:10 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I don't think there is an Demon corpse there when you kill his body (or even if the Demon dies the final death), so no skining the demon.
Offline Tizzy  
#89 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:09:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Excellent point! I feel much better now, knowing I'll dissolve before you skin me.

Let's see who lives in the Abyss?

Hmmm....

1) Demons
2) Dragons
3) The Damned
4) Various Demon 'Animals'
E.g. Nightmares (used by Hags--these were once human but transformed by a Hag to ride, and often stabled here)
Cerebus/Hades/Hell Hounds of various sorts.
5) Talarius Applause

It's not uncommon for one of the Damned to be turned into a Demon Animal sort of creature. I suspect that's where a lot of them come from.

There are also a number of creatures that "visit" or may be living here, that aren't exactly native. For example, sphinxes can show up here, but they aren't native, and they usually aren't "Dammned" Djinn can exist here, much like 'mortals' etc that aren't Damned. E.g. Jenn, Gastrope' both visitited.

I think what you are remembering are the various servants etc at Ramses' palace, and probably in the Courts. Those were generally demons that he'd shaped changed into variants of creatures found in Astlan and places he'd been (Satyrs, Centaurs, etc) although also a coach or two in the Courts.

In the courts, you probably would see Nightmares pulling coaches, or maybe a basilisk or wyvern, gargoyle's have no problem here, large Hell Hound etc.

Of course, using a basilisk to pull your coach is frowned upon. You think you don't like oncoming cars with their headlights on bright? Trust me, a basilisk is much worse for oncoming traffic.

Offline Rosver  
#90 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 4:30:43 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Hmmm. Very limited fauna there.

Talarius at least would be very exotic there.

How could a basilisk pull a coach? How could you even hitch it to a coach?

No mention of poop.
Offline Tizzy  
#91 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 8:28:28 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, I'm thinking you'd have to have a blind demon hitch it.

Or you could have a stone golem do it. They're already stoned, hmm, I wonder if that would let me hitch one up?

I've never seen basilisk poop. I wonder if it's rocks, or maybe bricks. I wonder if they'd bounce off the street pavement and hit the driver in the face?
Offline Rosver  
#92 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:52:48 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Well basilisk seems to be too inconvinient. Why would anybody want to hitch them? You demons seems to be a master of absurdity and pointlessness at times. Is it a problem with insanity?
Offline Tizzy  
#93 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 4:17:34 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I'm not sure, because remember I'm the standard bearer for sanity. I'm the one who is sane, remember everyone who thinks I am insane, is actually insane, they just don't realize it. And that characteristic is the big difference between psychosis and neurosis, neurotics know they're messed up, psychotics don't.

Now to be honest, I may, at times be a little neurotic (who isn't) but I am absolutely certain I'm not psychotic.

Offline Rosver  
#94 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 1:05:39 PM(UTC)
Rosver

You using big words makes me think that you are more educated/knowledgable than what you seem to be. But why put off a sort of goofy guise?
Offline Tizzy  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:48:56 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

What goofy guise?

Never been to Disney Land or World.

Offline Rosver  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:50:45 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Maybe a better description would be comic relief. Really you are more comic that intimidating. Jenn isn't even scared of you. Well, she is a fried of sorts but being a demon, not being feared is quite...
Offline Madfox11  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 6:36:06 AM(UTC)
Madfox11

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rosver Go to Quoted Post
Maybe a better description would be comic relief. Really you are more comic that intimidating. Jenn isn't even scared of you. Well, she is a fried of sorts but being a demon, not being feared is quite...

Handy setup before you trick them into doing something stupid or evil?
Offline Tizzy  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:42:15 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Exactly, I lull them into complacency before I suck their souls with one of those curly sippy straws!

Dancing
Offline Rosver  
#99 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 8:41:49 AM(UTC)
Rosver

You have them? Won't they have melt in the abyss?
Offline Tizzy  
#100 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 12:32:51 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

I keep them somewhere cool and dark.

How do you think I keep my smoke stash from spontaneously com busting down there in the Abyss? Almost don't need a lighter.

Would you like one? I could pull one out of my cool dark place.

They smell a might bit funky, but they work fine.